Crouch End bakery launches new reusable coffee cup
- Credit: David Winskill
A Crouch End high street favourite is bidding to do its bit for the environment, by introducing reusable coffee cups.
Dunns, in the Broadway, will be selling them for £2.95.
Every time a customer comes in from then onwards, they will get a discount on the normal price of a hot drink. Bosses reckon it’ll stop thousands of disposable cups going to landfill.
The deal follows similar ones set up by national chains in recent months.
Hornsey and Wood Green MP Catherine West was one of the first people to buy the new cup. She wrote a cross-party letter, signed by 200 people, encouraging supermarkets to eliminate plastic packaging.
You may also want to watch:
Lewis Freeman, who runs Dunns, added: “We’re working hard to reduce our carbon footprint as well as trying to tame the amount of waste we create. Unlike the big supermarkets we do not haul our goods nationwide, and customers have the option of taking their goods in paper bags, not plastic, thus reducing our plastic usage.”
Catherine West said: “I am immensely proud to be leading the campaign in Parliament to tackle plastic pollution, but I am even more proud to see fantastic local businesses like Dunn’s leading the charge on the front line to encourage people to abandon single use plastics.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 7 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 NFL London 2021: Tottenham set to host two NFL games
“I hope businesses and public bodies will follow the example set by Dunn’s!”