Crouch End bakery launches new reusable coffee cup
- Credit: David Winskill
A Crouch End high street favourite is bidding to do its bit for the environment, by introducing reusable coffee cups.
Dunns, in the Broadway, will be selling them for £2.95.
Every time a customer comes in from then onwards, they will get a discount on the normal price of a hot drink. Bosses reckon it’ll stop thousands of disposable cups going to landfill.
The deal follows similar ones set up by national chains in recent months.
Hornsey and Wood Green MP Catherine West was one of the first people to buy the new cup. She wrote a cross-party letter, signed by 200 people, encouraging supermarkets to eliminate plastic packaging.
Lewis Freeman, who runs Dunns, added: “We’re working hard to reduce our carbon footprint as well as trying to tame the amount of waste we create. Unlike the big supermarkets we do not haul our goods nationwide, and customers have the option of taking their goods in paper bags, not plastic, thus reducing our plastic usage.”
Catherine West said: “I am immensely proud to be leading the campaign in Parliament to tackle plastic pollution, but I am even more proud to see fantastic local businesses like Dunn’s leading the charge on the front line to encourage people to abandon single use plastics.
- 1 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 2 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 3 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 6 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 7 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 8 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 9 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 10 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
“I hope businesses and public bodies will follow the example set by Dunn’s!”