Duchess of Cambridge Kate’s dress sparks sales boom for Hampstead fashion label
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A maternity clothes label launched by a Hampstead mum has been enjoying a sales boom after the Duchess of Cambridge was snapped wearing one of its outfits in her first official picture with baby Prince George.
Fashion firm Seraphine, which was launched a decade ago by Parisian-turned-Hampstead mother Cecile Reinaud, sold out of its £46 Jolene dress within two hours of the image appearing last week.
The Duchess was pictured in the frock by her father Michael Middleton with the Duke of Cambridge, baby Prince George and dog Tilly.
Seraphine, which has shops in Hampstead High Street and Kensington, also enjoyed a 2,600 per cent boost in web traffic, selling more than two months’ worth of dresses in just 48 hours.
Ms Reinaud, who has two sons and lives in Hampstead, was quick to make the most of the “Kate effect”.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Kate is now an international role model for an entire generation of new mums and everyone dreams to look as beautiful, natural and glowing as she did in those photographs. By buying our dress, women are able to get closer to the dream she represents.”
- 1 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 6 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 7 Anorexia was nurtured and nourished by lockdown – and the media
- 8 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
- 9 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 10 Jack Ampadu killing: Defendant denies murder charge