Dubai's incredible arrogance over detention of Cat Le-Huy
What incredible arrogance by Dubai to continue to imprison Cat Le-Huy (Hampstead man could be locked up for four years, H&H February 21). Dubai, whose people would retreat into obscurity but for the West s thirst for oil, extracted with Western technolog
What incredible arrogance by Dubai to continue to imprison Cat Le-Huy (Hampstead man could be locked up for four years, H&H February 21).
Dubai, whose people would retreat into obscurity but for the West's thirst for oil, extracted with Western technology, is pretending to act lawfully. Well, let them pour their venom on each other, but not on strangers.
Eject the strangers if they must, but do not needlessly torture them. What good will it do anyone if Le-Huy has to spend four years in prison, although he has not caused any harm?
Who wants to travel to Dubai where such caprice reigns, anyway? It is fearful to be an accused when some former colonials play court-of-law, for there is always that old, exciting memory of pulling the wings off flies.
You may also want to watch:
Woodland Hills, California USA
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home