Dubai's incredible arrogance over detention of Cat Le-Huy
What incredible arrogance by Dubai to continue to imprison Cat Le-Huy (Hampstead man could be locked up for four years, H&H February 21). Dubai, whose people would retreat into obscurity but for the West s thirst for oil, extracted with Western technolog
What incredible arrogance by Dubai to continue to imprison Cat Le-Huy (Hampstead man could be locked up for four years, H&H February 21).
Dubai, whose people would retreat into obscurity but for the West's thirst for oil, extracted with Western technology, is pretending to act lawfully. Well, let them pour their venom on each other, but not on strangers.
Eject the strangers if they must, but do not needlessly torture them. What good will it do anyone if Le-Huy has to spend four years in prison, although he has not caused any harm?
Who wants to travel to Dubai where such caprice reigns, anyway? It is fearful to be an accused when some former colonials play court-of-law, for there is always that old, exciting memory of pulling the wings off flies.
You may also want to watch:
Woodland Hills, California USA
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 7 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Injury concerns spoil Arsenal's win over Sheffield United