Dubai's incredible arrogance over detention of Cat Le-Huy
What incredible arrogance by Dubai to continue to imprison Cat Le-Huy (Hampstead man could be locked up for four years, H&H February 21). Dubai, whose people would retreat into obscurity but for the West s thirst for oil, extracted with Western technolog
What incredible arrogance by Dubai to continue to imprison Cat Le-Huy (Hampstead man could be locked up for four years, H&H February 21).
Dubai, whose people would retreat into obscurity but for the West's thirst for oil, extracted with Western technology, is pretending to act lawfully. Well, let them pour their venom on each other, but not on strangers.
Eject the strangers if they must, but do not needlessly torture them. What good will it do anyone if Le-Huy has to spend four years in prison, although he has not caused any harm?
Who wants to travel to Dubai where such caprice reigns, anyway? It is fearful to be an accused when some former colonials play court-of-law, for there is always that old, exciting memory of pulling the wings off flies.
You may also want to watch:
Woodland Hills, California USA
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate