Drugs and cash seized in Belsize police raid
Police have seized 1.5kg of cannabis and thousands of pounds in cash during a raid on a flat in Belsize Park. Officers swooped on the Haverstock Hill flat yesterday after three men were arrested in an earlier raid on a hair salon in Kentish Town Road, whe
Police have seized 1.5kg of cannabis and thousands of pounds in cash during a raid on a flat in Belsize Park.
Officers swooped on the Haverstock Hill flat yesterday after three men were arrested in an earlier raid on a hair salon in Kentish Town Road, where police found drugs paraphernalia and a small amount of cannabis.
The investigation led them to the flat in Haverstock Hill where the found a stash of cannabis with a street value of around �3,000 as well as �11,000 in cash.
Sgt Ray Doran of Camden Town Tasking Team, said: "I hope these arrests help to reassure local residents that we are listening to their concerns and acting upon them.
You may also want to watch:
"Drugs will not be tolerated and I would urge anyone with information on drug related crime to report it."
Two men aged 67 and 26 were arrested at the shop on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of cannabis. A 57-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possessing cannabis.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 7 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 10 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
The men have been bailed to return to a Camden police station on a date in June, pending laboratory analysis of the cannabis.