Drugs and cash seized in Belsize police raid
Police have seized 1.5kg of cannabis and thousands of pounds in cash during a raid on a flat in Belsize Park. Officers swooped on the Haverstock Hill flat yesterday after three men were arrested in an earlier raid on a hair salon in Kentish Town Road, whe
Police have seized 1.5kg of cannabis and thousands of pounds in cash during a raid on a flat in Belsize Park.
Officers swooped on the Haverstock Hill flat yesterday after three men were arrested in an earlier raid on a hair salon in Kentish Town Road, where police found drugs paraphernalia and a small amount of cannabis.
The investigation led them to the flat in Haverstock Hill where the found a stash of cannabis with a street value of around �3,000 as well as �11,000 in cash.
Sgt Ray Doran of Camden Town Tasking Team, said: "I hope these arrests help to reassure local residents that we are listening to their concerns and acting upon them.
You may also want to watch:
"Drugs will not be tolerated and I would urge anyone with information on drug related crime to report it."
Two men aged 67 and 26 were arrested at the shop on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of cannabis. A 57-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possessing cannabis.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
The men have been bailed to return to a Camden police station on a date in June, pending laboratory analysis of the cannabis.