Camden Koko fire: Fire brigade release stunning drone footage of Camden Town blaze
- Credit: Archant
London Fire Brigade have released stunning drone footage of their attempts to control the fire that destoryed part of the roof of a much-loved Camden nightclub on Monday.
The brigade has published the footage, which shows fire raging and smoke billowing from the scaffolding-clad Koko nightclub.
The club, formerly known as the Camden Palace and the Camden Theatre, is owned by mogul Olly Bengough who had closed it for refurbishment last year. It's re-opening is now set to be considerably delayed.
After the fire, Mr Bengough said he was "deeply saddened" by the fire and added: "We want to thank the London Fire Brigade for its quick response and how well it handled the situation.
"The amount of support we have received from the public has been amazing and we'll be doing our best to get the redevelopment of this iconic building back on-track.
You may also want to watch:
"We will provide further comments as circumstances become clearer."
Eight fire engines and 60 firefightersa tackled to blaze - its cause remains under investigation.
- 1 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 2 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 3 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 6 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 7 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 8 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 9 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 10 Five things we learned from Arsenal's Europa League exit