Camden Koko fire: Fire brigade release stunning drone footage of Camden Town blaze
- Credit: Archant
London Fire Brigade have released stunning drone footage of their attempts to control the fire that destoryed part of the roof of a much-loved Camden nightclub on Monday.
The brigade has published the footage, which shows fire raging and smoke billowing from the scaffolding-clad Koko nightclub.
The club, formerly known as the Camden Palace and the Camden Theatre, is owned by mogul Olly Bengough who had closed it for refurbishment last year. It's re-opening is now set to be considerably delayed.
After the fire, Mr Bengough said he was "deeply saddened" by the fire and added: "We want to thank the London Fire Brigade for its quick response and how well it handled the situation.
"The amount of support we have received from the public has been amazing and we'll be doing our best to get the redevelopment of this iconic building back on-track.
You may also want to watch:
"We will provide further comments as circumstances become clearer."
Eight fire engines and 60 firefightersa tackled to blaze - its cause remains under investigation.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 3 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 4 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 9 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 10 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema