Camden Koko fire: Fire brigade release stunning drone footage of Camden Town blaze
- Credit: Archant
London Fire Brigade have released stunning drone footage of their attempts to control the fire that destoryed part of the roof of a much-loved Camden nightclub on Monday.
The brigade has published the footage, which shows fire raging and smoke billowing from the scaffolding-clad Koko nightclub.
The club, formerly known as the Camden Palace and the Camden Theatre, is owned by mogul Olly Bengough who had closed it for refurbishment last year. It's re-opening is now set to be considerably delayed.
After the fire, Mr Bengough said he was "deeply saddened" by the fire and added: "We want to thank the London Fire Brigade for its quick response and how well it handled the situation.
"The amount of support we have received from the public has been amazing and we'll be doing our best to get the redevelopment of this iconic building back on-track.
You may also want to watch:
"We will provide further comments as circumstances become clearer."
Eight fire engines and 60 firefightersa tackled to blaze - its cause remains under investigation.
- 1 Two teenagers stabbed in Kilburn and South Hampstead in separate attacks
- 2 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 3 WATCH: Hampstead 8-year-old teaches history to audience of thousands
- 4 Patients being treated in hospital for Covid falls by a quarter
- 5 Camden disabled resident on fears over Haverstock Hill cycle lanes
- 6 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 7 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 8 Highgate band take music on the road for an 'impossible tour'
- 9 Call to remember John Le Carré during Hampstead Heath celebrations
- 10 Joe Montemurro full of praise for Jordan Nobbs following Arsenal's win over Aston Villa