Camden Koko fire: Fire brigade release stunning drone footage of Camden Town blaze
- Credit: Archant
London Fire Brigade have released stunning drone footage of their attempts to control the fire that destoryed part of the roof of a much-loved Camden nightclub on Monday.
The brigade has published the footage, which shows fire raging and smoke billowing from the scaffolding-clad Koko nightclub.
The club, formerly known as the Camden Palace and the Camden Theatre, is owned by mogul Olly Bengough who had closed it for refurbishment last year. It's re-opening is now set to be considerably delayed.
After the fire, Mr Bengough said he was "deeply saddened" by the fire and added: "We want to thank the London Fire Brigade for its quick response and how well it handled the situation.
"The amount of support we have received from the public has been amazing and we'll be doing our best to get the redevelopment of this iconic building back on-track.
You may also want to watch:
"We will provide further comments as circumstances become clearer."
Eight fire engines and 60 firefightersa tackled to blaze - its cause remains under investigation.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 5 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 6 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 7 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 8 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site