Driver injured in car smash
TRAFFIC came to a standstill in Hampstead Garden Suburb when three vehicles were involved in a pile-up that left one man with spinal injuries. The smash, involving a silver Vauxhall Astra, a blue BMW and a grey Mercedes, happened just after 8am on Wednesd
TRAFFIC came to a standstill in Hampstead Garden Suburb when three vehicles were involved in a pile-up that left one man with spinal injuries.
The smash, involving a silver Vauxhall Astra, a blue BMW and a grey Mercedes, happened just after 8am on Wednesday last week in Market Place at the junction with Hill Rise.
Witnesses watched as fire crews cut through the roof of the BMW to rescue the driver who had suffered spinal injuries. He was taken by ambulance to the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead.
His injuries were not believed to be life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Edna Wyse, of Morris Walk, said: "It was pretty serious - we watched as they cut the roof off of the car and we saw them pulling someone out on a stretcher." One lane was closed for several hours following the incident.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up