Driver admits careless driving killing of Maida Vale journalist Laurence Gunn in Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
A driver has today admitting killing a pedestrian after driving carelessly in Hampstead earlier this year.
Mohammed Rashid, 23, of Weedington Road, Queen’s Crescent, pleaded guilty to causing the death of 32-year-old journalist Laurence Gunn by careless driving at Blackfriars Crown Court.
He was found not guilty of causing death by dangerous driving.
Mr Gunn, of Shirland Road, in Maida Vale, was struck by Rashid’s Ford Focus in East Heath Road, near to the junction with Downshire Hill, on Saturday, March 3, this year, at about 7pm.
He suffered major head injuries in the crash and died a day later at St Mary’s Hospital, Paddington.
You may also want to watch:
Rashid will be sentenced on November 29.
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 3 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 4 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 5 In numbers: the Covid-19 vaccine roll-out in north London
- 6 Five things we learned in Arsenal's first win at Chelsea in 10 years
- 7 Primrose Hill's night-time closure has split north London residents
- 8 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 9 House Tour Gayton Road: Split-level mid-century gem in Hampstead
- 10 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme