Driver admits careless driving killing of Maida Vale journalist Laurence Gunn in Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
A driver has today admitting killing a pedestrian after driving carelessly in Hampstead earlier this year.
Mohammed Rashid, 23, of Weedington Road, Queen’s Crescent, pleaded guilty to causing the death of 32-year-old journalist Laurence Gunn by careless driving at Blackfriars Crown Court.
He was found not guilty of causing death by dangerous driving.
Mr Gunn, of Shirland Road, in Maida Vale, was struck by Rashid’s Ford Focus in East Heath Road, near to the junction with Downshire Hill, on Saturday, March 3, this year, at about 7pm.
He suffered major head injuries in the crash and died a day later at St Mary’s Hospital, Paddington.
You may also want to watch:
Rashid will be sentenced on November 29.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 3 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council