Driver admits careless driving killing of Maida Vale journalist Laurence Gunn in Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
A driver has today admitting killing a pedestrian after driving carelessly in Hampstead earlier this year.
Mohammed Rashid, 23, of Weedington Road, Queen’s Crescent, pleaded guilty to causing the death of 32-year-old journalist Laurence Gunn by careless driving at Blackfriars Crown Court.
He was found not guilty of causing death by dangerous driving.
Mr Gunn, of Shirland Road, in Maida Vale, was struck by Rashid’s Ford Focus in East Heath Road, near to the junction with Downshire Hill, on Saturday, March 3, this year, at about 7pm.
He suffered major head injuries in the crash and died a day later at St Mary’s Hospital, Paddington.
You may also want to watch:
Rashid will be sentenced on November 29.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 9 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath