Driver, 45, dies after crashing into Hampstead Garden Suburb lamppost
- Credit: An ambulGetty Images/iStockphoto
A 45-year-old man died after crashing into a lamppost in Hampstead Garden Suburb.
Police and paramedics were called to Falloden Way, close to the junction with Addison Way, at 5.20am yesterday to reports of a collision between a car and a lamppost.
The driver of the vehicle, described by police as an “old style red BMW 318”, was treated at the scene by London Ambulance Service and taken to a north London hospital where he died at 11.45am.
No other vehicle is believed to have been involved in the crash.
Next of kin have been notified and a post mortem will be scheduled in due course. No arrests have been made and police enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are keen to hear from anyone who saw the BMW travelling northbound on Falloden Way shortly before 5.20am on Wednesday or anyone who saw the vehicle travelling prior to the collision.
Anyone who witnessed this collision, or who saw the vehicle being driven immediately before the collision, should call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 020 8991 9555.
- 1 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 4 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 7 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 8 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 9 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 10 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots