Driver, 45, dies after crashing into Hampstead Garden Suburb lamppost
- Credit: An ambulGetty Images/iStockphoto
A 45-year-old man died after crashing into a lamppost in Hampstead Garden Suburb.
Police and paramedics were called to Falloden Way, close to the junction with Addison Way, at 5.20am yesterday to reports of a collision between a car and a lamppost.
The driver of the vehicle, described by police as an “old style red BMW 318”, was treated at the scene by London Ambulance Service and taken to a north London hospital where he died at 11.45am.
No other vehicle is believed to have been involved in the crash.
Next of kin have been notified and a post mortem will be scheduled in due course. No arrests have been made and police enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are keen to hear from anyone who saw the BMW travelling northbound on Falloden Way shortly before 5.20am on Wednesday or anyone who saw the vehicle travelling prior to the collision.
Anyone who witnessed this collision, or who saw the vehicle being driven immediately before the collision, should call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 020 8991 9555.
- 1 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 4 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 5 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 6 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 7 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 8 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 9 Camden shouldn't ignore residents, but we need low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 Reader letter: Rubbish bins in Camden need 'levelling up'