Driver, 45, dies after crashing into Hampstead Garden Suburb lamppost
- Credit: An ambulGetty Images/iStockphoto
A 45-year-old man died after crashing into a lamppost in Hampstead Garden Suburb.
Police and paramedics were called to Falloden Way, close to the junction with Addison Way, at 5.20am yesterday to reports of a collision between a car and a lamppost.
The driver of the vehicle, described by police as an “old style red BMW 318”, was treated at the scene by London Ambulance Service and taken to a north London hospital where he died at 11.45am.
No other vehicle is believed to have been involved in the crash.
Next of kin have been notified and a post mortem will be scheduled in due course. No arrests have been made and police enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are keen to hear from anyone who saw the BMW travelling northbound on Falloden Way shortly before 5.20am on Wednesday or anyone who saw the vehicle travelling prior to the collision.
Anyone who witnessed this collision, or who saw the vehicle being driven immediately before the collision, should call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 020 8991 9555.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals