Dramatic scenes as BMW overturns in Regent’s Park near busy café
- Credit: Archant
A driver managed to flip a car on its back near the pavement just by Regent’s Park
Shocked onlookers found a car which had been flipped over on the Inner Circle of Regent’s Park around 8.20am on Saturday morning.
The woman driver was treated for minor injuries and luckily no pedestrians were hurt.
Belsize Park resident and cyclist Justin Mckie came across the overturned BMW and spoke to police at the scene. Paramedics treated the woman for minor cuts.
Mr Mckie said: “It was fortuitous no one was badly injured.
You may also want to watch:
“Who knows who might have been walking across the pavement.”
He estimates the car flipped over around 50m from Benugo café, filled with families and cyclists.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 8 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 9 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 10 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
A police spokeswoman said: “Police were called at 08:18hrs on Saturday, 3 December to reports of an overturned car on Inner Circle in Regents Park.
“Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended.
“The female driver was treated for minor injuries.
“The vehicle has since been removed.”