Dramatic scenes as BMW overturns in Regent’s Park near busy café
- Credit: Archant
A driver managed to flip a car on its back near the pavement just by Regent’s Park
Shocked onlookers found a car which had been flipped over on the Inner Circle of Regent’s Park around 8.20am on Saturday morning.
The woman driver was treated for minor injuries and luckily no pedestrians were hurt.
Belsize Park resident and cyclist Justin Mckie came across the overturned BMW and spoke to police at the scene. Paramedics treated the woman for minor cuts.
Mr Mckie said: “It was fortuitous no one was badly injured.
You may also want to watch:
“Who knows who might have been walking across the pavement.”
He estimates the car flipped over around 50m from Benugo café, filled with families and cyclists.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 5 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 8 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 9 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 10 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
A police spokeswoman said: “Police were called at 08:18hrs on Saturday, 3 December to reports of an overturned car on Inner Circle in Regents Park.
“Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended.
“The female driver was treated for minor injuries.
“The vehicle has since been removed.”