Dramatic scenes as BMW overturns in Regent’s Park near busy café
- Credit: Archant
A driver managed to flip a car on its back near the pavement just by Regent’s Park
Shocked onlookers found a car which had been flipped over on the Inner Circle of Regent’s Park around 8.20am on Saturday morning.
The woman driver was treated for minor injuries and luckily no pedestrians were hurt.
Belsize Park resident and cyclist Justin Mckie came across the overturned BMW and spoke to police at the scene. Paramedics treated the woman for minor cuts.
Mr Mckie said: “It was fortuitous no one was badly injured.
“Who knows who might have been walking across the pavement.”
He estimates the car flipped over around 50m from Benugo café, filled with families and cyclists.
- 1 Seven north London gastropubs voted best in UK
- 2 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 3 Boy, 14, charged following Harringay Sainsbury's stabbing
- 4 Colourful Crouch End bollards to get a repaint due to 'safety' concerns
- 5 Artist with autism gets purr of approval from Grayson Perry
- 6 Highgate School abuse: Staff had to 'shake themselves out of complacency'
- 7 Care home opposite Kenwood labelled 'gross overdevelopment'
- 8 Camden recycling ‘indiscriminately’ contaminated as lorry issues persist
- 9 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 10 Ramsey Court: Residents send letter to Gove in attempt to stop development
A police spokeswoman said: “Police were called at 08:18hrs on Saturday, 3 December to reports of an overturned car on Inner Circle in Regents Park.
“Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended.
“The female driver was treated for minor injuries.
“The vehicle has since been removed.”