Dramatic scenes as BMW overturns in Regent’s Park near busy café
- Credit: Archant
A driver managed to flip a car on its back near the pavement just by Regent’s Park
Shocked onlookers found a car which had been flipped over on the Inner Circle of Regent’s Park around 8.20am on Saturday morning.
The woman driver was treated for minor injuries and luckily no pedestrians were hurt.
Belsize Park resident and cyclist Justin Mckie came across the overturned BMW and spoke to police at the scene. Paramedics treated the woman for minor cuts.
Mr Mckie said: “It was fortuitous no one was badly injured.
You may also want to watch:
“Who knows who might have been walking across the pavement.”
He estimates the car flipped over around 50m from Benugo café, filled with families and cyclists.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 5 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 8 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 9 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 10 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
A police spokeswoman said: “Police were called at 08:18hrs on Saturday, 3 December to reports of an overturned car on Inner Circle in Regents Park.
“Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended.
“The female driver was treated for minor injuries.
“The vehicle has since been removed.”