Dramatic scenes after car catches fire in Highgate
- Credit: Archant
The London Fire Brigade hosed down the car just outside a disabled parking bay in a residential street
A car parked near the disabled parking bay caught fire on Church Road in Highgate around 1pm yesterday.
Highgate resident Trevor Arnold witnessed the scenes and took the dramatic photos.
He said: “I was alerted by a neighbour that a car was on fire and they thought it was our car, as it was parked in the disabled parking bay on Church Road, Highgate.
“My wife who is disabled usually parks the car there.
You may also want to watch:
“Luckily it is being repaired and was not there, but for a moment I thought it was ours!”
A London fire brigade spokesman was unable to say what caused the fire.
- 1 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 2 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 3 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 4 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 5 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 7 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 10 Arguments over Heath impact of homes in Jack Straw's Castle car park
He said: “We were called to a car which was alight just before 1.20pm and we were there until 1.45pm.
“There was one fire engine from Hornsey fire station.”