Dramatic scenes after car catches fire in Highgate
- Credit: Archant
The London Fire Brigade hosed down the car just outside a disabled parking bay in a residential street
A car parked near the disabled parking bay caught fire on Church Road in Highgate around 1pm yesterday.
Highgate resident Trevor Arnold witnessed the scenes and took the dramatic photos.
He said: “I was alerted by a neighbour that a car was on fire and they thought it was our car, as it was parked in the disabled parking bay on Church Road, Highgate.
“My wife who is disabled usually parks the car there.
You may also want to watch:
“Luckily it is being repaired and was not there, but for a moment I thought it was ours!”
A London fire brigade spokesman was unable to say what caused the fire.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
He said: “We were called to a car which was alight just before 1.20pm and we were there until 1.45pm.
“There was one fire engine from Hornsey fire station.”