Dramatic ram raid on Hampstead store
Thieves ram raided a Hampstead High Street shop in the early hours of yesterday (Friday). The burglary took place at Comptoir de Cotonniers, an upmarket French clothing store, at about 2.15am. The vehicle charged at and then smasked the glass frontage o
Thieves ram raided a Hampstead High Street shop in the early hours of yesterday (Friday).
The burglary took place at Comptoir de Cotonniers, an upmarket French clothing store, at about 2.15am.
The vehicle charged at and then smasked the glass frontage of the shop and one man rushed out to grab clothes.
He returned to the vehicle and then sped off towards Hampstead Heath. The suspect is described as a white male aged around 20.
You may also want to watch:
By Friday lunchtime the shop floor was still strewn with glass and the front of the shop was patched up with a sheet of metal.
The shop's employees were gathered outside the scene awaiting a police forensics team.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 10 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
Other proprietors on the high street spoke of their fears about security in the wake of the burglary.
Lina Hristova, 21, a shop assistant at Jade clothes shop, said: "Things like this happen from time to time. It's not a good thing. It has happened all along this street and it worries all the shops and the owners because it could happen to anyone. I don't think there are enough cameras or security."
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue. Camden Police are appealing for information and witnesses.