Dramatic arrest in connection with gun muggings
POLICE made a dramatic arrest in Primrose Hill this morning believed to be in connection with the recent spate of gun muggings in the area. The swoop came the morning after the mugger was believed to have struck for a fifth time. A woman was mugged on her
POLICE made a dramatic arrest this morning believed to be in connection with the recent spate of gun muggings on women in the area.
The swoop came the morning after the mugger was believed to have struck for a fifth time. A woman was robbed on her doorstep in Lambolle Road, Belsize Park, last night (April 14), and although no gun was produced, police believe it was the same suspect who carried out four armed muggings in the space of five days last month.
The latest victim was also an Oriental woman - as was the case in three of the four previous attacks.
There was a heavy police presence around King Henry's Road this morning, near the site of the arrest and close to Burnham tower, where the first mugging took place on March Sunday March 14.
You may also want to watch:
Women were also targeted in Chalcot Gardens, Lisburne Road and Tudor Close. One of the victims, a business analyst, was mugged for just �15 and has since left the country because she was so traumatised.
Officially police say it is too early to confirm whether the arrested man is the suspect in the muggings but sources say they are "optimistic" about the development. The Ham&High understands the arrested man was not known to police and may have been sleeping rough in the area. He is still being questioned at a police station in the borough.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 4 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 5 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 6 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 9 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 10 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
Follow this story throughout the day at hamhigh.co.uk.