Dramatic arrest in connection with gun muggings
POLICE made a dramatic arrest in Primrose Hill this morning believed to be in connection with the recent spate of gun muggings in the area. The swoop came the morning after the mugger was believed to have struck for a fifth time. A woman was mugged on her
POLICE made a dramatic arrest this morning believed to be in connection with the recent spate of gun muggings on women in the area.
The swoop came the morning after the mugger was believed to have struck for a fifth time. A woman was robbed on her doorstep in Lambolle Road, Belsize Park, last night (April 14), and although no gun was produced, police believe it was the same suspect who carried out four armed muggings in the space of five days last month.
The latest victim was also an Oriental woman - as was the case in three of the four previous attacks.
There was a heavy police presence around King Henry's Road this morning, near the site of the arrest and close to Burnham tower, where the first mugging took place on March Sunday March 14.
You may also want to watch:
Women were also targeted in Chalcot Gardens, Lisburne Road and Tudor Close. One of the victims, a business analyst, was mugged for just �15 and has since left the country because she was so traumatised.
Officially police say it is too early to confirm whether the arrested man is the suspect in the muggings but sources say they are "optimistic" about the development. The Ham&High understands the arrested man was not known to police and may have been sleeping rough in the area. He is still being questioned at a police station in the borough.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 8 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 9 Ozil travels to Turkey as Arsenal exit looms
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
Follow this story throughout the day at hamhigh.co.uk.