Cyclist who died in Archway Road crash in Highgate is named
A cyclist who died after colliding with a lorry in Archway Road in Highgate has been named.
Dr Clive Richards, 67, of Friars Avenue, Whetstone, was pronounced dead at the scene following attempts by passers-by and paramedics to revive him.
A post-mortem examination carried out on Wednesday proved inconclusive and further tests are to be carried out.
An inquest into his death was opened and adjourned at Barnet Coroner’s Court today.
Police and an ambulance were called to Archway Road at 9.40am on Monday to reports of a crash between a male cyclist and a white lorry.
You may also want to watch:
An appeal for witnesses has been issued by police and investigations continue.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 9 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate