Dominic Cooper and Mary Portas to take part in celebrity treasure hunt in Primrose Hill
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A treasure hunt including celebrity special guests has been organised to celebrate Primrose Hill’s independent shops.
The very first ShopHop! on October 5 will welcome Mamma Mia! and History Boys actor Dominic Cooper, who lives in Primrose Hill, to award prizes and Queen of Shops Mary Portas to point treasure seekers in the right direction.
The family-friendly trail includes 12 cryptic clues and take treasure hunters on a journey around Primrose Hill to learn more about the area and its shops.
Organiser Phil Cowan said: “The aim is to promote awareness of the independent shops as well as our great community amenities. We want to get people into these shops in the hope that they will come back.”
The event costs £2 for adults and is free for kids, and you can register at Primrose Hill Community Library in Sharpleshall Street before 10.30am on October 5.
You may also want to watch:
The treasure hunt starts at 11am and ends at 4.15pm at the community centre, where the Hollywood star will award prizes including a meal at Greek restaurant Lemonia and the opportunity to watch an episode of MasterChef being filmed.
- 1 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 2 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill