Dominic Cooper and Mary Portas to take part in celebrity treasure hunt in Primrose Hill
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A treasure hunt including celebrity special guests has been organised to celebrate Primrose Hill’s independent shops.
The very first ShopHop! on October 5 will welcome Mamma Mia! and History Boys actor Dominic Cooper, who lives in Primrose Hill, to award prizes and Queen of Shops Mary Portas to point treasure seekers in the right direction.
The family-friendly trail includes 12 cryptic clues and take treasure hunters on a journey around Primrose Hill to learn more about the area and its shops.
Organiser Phil Cowan said: “The aim is to promote awareness of the independent shops as well as our great community amenities. We want to get people into these shops in the hope that they will come back.”
The event costs £2 for adults and is free for kids, and you can register at Primrose Hill Community Library in Sharpleshall Street before 10.30am on October 5.
You may also want to watch:
The treasure hunt starts at 11am and ends at 4.15pm at the community centre, where the Hollywood star will award prizes including a meal at Greek restaurant Lemonia and the opportunity to watch an episode of MasterChef being filmed.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue