Dominic Cooper and Mary Portas to take part in celebrity treasure hunt in Primrose Hill
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A treasure hunt including celebrity special guests has been organised to celebrate Primrose Hill’s independent shops.
The very first ShopHop! on October 5 will welcome Mamma Mia! and History Boys actor Dominic Cooper, who lives in Primrose Hill, to award prizes and Queen of Shops Mary Portas to point treasure seekers in the right direction.
The family-friendly trail includes 12 cryptic clues and take treasure hunters on a journey around Primrose Hill to learn more about the area and its shops.
Organiser Phil Cowan said: “The aim is to promote awareness of the independent shops as well as our great community amenities. We want to get people into these shops in the hope that they will come back.”
The event costs £2 for adults and is free for kids, and you can register at Primrose Hill Community Library in Sharpleshall Street before 10.30am on October 5.
You may also want to watch:
The treasure hunt starts at 11am and ends at 4.15pm at the community centre, where the Hollywood star will award prizes including a meal at Greek restaurant Lemonia and the opportunity to watch an episode of MasterChef being filmed.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 8 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 9 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 10 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes