Dog walker finds body near Hampstead Heath pond
THE body of a woman was found on Hampstead Heath this week, but police have ruled out foul play. A woman dog walker discovered the 48-year-old s body near the Bird Bridge, just above the Viaduct Pond, around 10am on Tuesday morning. Heath constabulary off
THE body of a woman was found on Hampstead Heath this week, but police have ruled out foul play.
A woman dog walker discovered the 48-year-old's body near the Bird Bridge, just above the Viaduct Pond, around 10am on Tuesday morning.
Heath constabulary officers were first on the scene and called in the help of Met police, but suspicious circumstances have been ruled out.
A post mortem will now be carried out to discover the cause of death.
You may also want to watch:
"There were no signs of trauma to the body - no wounds and no blood," said Heath constabulary manager Richard Gentry.
Yesterday police were informing the next of kin, before the woman's identity could be revealed.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 8 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up