Dog walker finds body near Hampstead Heath pond
THE body of a woman was found on Hampstead Heath this week, but police have ruled out foul play. A woman dog walker discovered the 48-year-old s body near the Bird Bridge, just above the Viaduct Pond, around 10am on Tuesday morning. Heath constabulary off
THE body of a woman was found on Hampstead Heath this week, but police have ruled out foul play.
A woman dog walker discovered the 48-year-old's body near the Bird Bridge, just above the Viaduct Pond, around 10am on Tuesday morning.
Heath constabulary officers were first on the scene and called in the help of Met police, but suspicious circumstances have been ruled out.
A post mortem will now be carried out to discover the cause of death.
You may also want to watch:
"There were no signs of trauma to the body - no wounds and no blood," said Heath constabulary manager Richard Gentry.
Yesterday police were informing the next of kin, before the woman's identity could be revealed.
- 1 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 2 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 3 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 4 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 5 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 10 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps