Dog proposals are aimed at the wrong targets
Asking dog owners to keep dogs on leads will not solve the problem of dog mess in parks. Does Camden Council really think that the people who do not currently pick up will be any more likely to do it if they are asked to keep the dog on a lead as well? T
Asking dog owners to keep dogs on leads will not solve the problem of dog mess in parks. Does Camden Council really think that the people who do not currently pick up will be any more likely to do it if they are asked to keep the dog on a lead as well?
The council is creating a problem where one does not exist. I have walked in Waterlow Park for a year now and as a responsible dog owner I pick up after my dog, as do most of the people I meet.
I have never had a problem with another dog owner, nor has my dog ever caused any problem with anyone in the park. Quite the opposite. People who walk their dogs in the parks for the most part are responsible and have their dogs under control.
I do however, frequently see people letting their dogs foul the streets, on and off the lead.
You may also want to watch:
The consultation process is farcical. Apart from all the minority groups singled out for consultation, the council has not thought to take advice from any animal welfare group such as the RSPCA, The Kennel Club or vets, let alone dog owners themselves.
Had they done so I think they might find that these proposals will lead to more problems and will do nothing to target those who are already irresponsible.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
These current proposals to keep dogs on leads are dangerous, aimed at the wrong people, are an act of cruelty, badly researched and badly received by residents, vets and dog owners alike.
St Peters Church flats
Dartmouth Park Hill, N19