Dog owners on alert after ‘poisonous’ ice cream cone found in Primrose Hill
- Credit: Archant
Dog owners have been warned by police to be on their guard after an ice cream cone filled with a suspicious bright blue paste suspected to be poison was discovered on the lower slopes of Primrose Hill.
Royal Parks contractors were alerted to the ice cream cone approximately two weeks ago with police believing the substance could be Methomyl – an insecticide that is deadly to humans as well as animals.
The banned substance is thought to have killed three dogs at a Brent park earlier this year, with one dying after eating meat left on a grass verge that was “smeared in a blue paste”.
Police are not linking the blue paste poisonings in Brent to the case of five dogs who mysteriously fell ill after walking in Hampstead Heath last month.
Vets believe the Heath dogs could have consumed a recreational drug, but are still awaiting results from blood samples sent to the US for further analysis.
You may also want to watch:
Police have urged anyone who sees a bright blue paste on anything in Regent’s Park or Primrose Hill to immediately ring 999 and stay clear of the item.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 4 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 5 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 6 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 8 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 9 Letters: The floods!
- 10 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer