Dog owners on alert after ‘poisonous’ ice cream cone found in Primrose Hill
- Credit: Archant
Dog owners have been warned by police to be on their guard after an ice cream cone filled with a suspicious bright blue paste suspected to be poison was discovered on the lower slopes of Primrose Hill.
Royal Parks contractors were alerted to the ice cream cone approximately two weeks ago with police believing the substance could be Methomyl – an insecticide that is deadly to humans as well as animals.
The banned substance is thought to have killed three dogs at a Brent park earlier this year, with one dying after eating meat left on a grass verge that was “smeared in a blue paste”.
Police are not linking the blue paste poisonings in Brent to the case of five dogs who mysteriously fell ill after walking in Hampstead Heath last month.
Vets believe the Heath dogs could have consumed a recreational drug, but are still awaiting results from blood samples sent to the US for further analysis.
You may also want to watch:
Police have urged anyone who sees a bright blue paste on anything in Regent’s Park or Primrose Hill to immediately ring 999 and stay clear of the item.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'