Dog lover Liam Gallagher spotted at Hampstead's Pup Idol
HAMPSTEAD S pooches turned out in force for the Pup Idol competition on Saturday in South End Green. The event was a huge success with dog lovers flocking to the Garden Gate pub, including Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher, his wife Nicole Appleton, her siste
OASIS frontman Liam Gallagher and his pop star wife Nicole Appleton were among the celebrities who turned out for the keenly anticipated charity dog show Pup Idol in South End Green on Saturday .
The event, which drew a crowd of around 300 people and countless dogs, was judged among others by Ms Appleton’s sister Natalie, pictured, – another former All Saints member – who brought along her husband Liam Howlett of the band the Prodigy.
Held at the Garden Gate pub on South End Road and organised by Zasman Vets, the show raised almost �1,000 for All Dogs Matter – a charity which rescues and re-homes dogs in and around London.
Rodney Zasman, of Zasman Vets, said: “It was absolutely amazing and totally oversubscribed.
You may also want to watch:
“The people who attended really were from all walks of life, and the common bond was a pet or a dog, and family as well.
“There were lots of people from a totally different walk of life from Liam Gallagher but everyone got on really well and the families really enjoyed it.
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 3 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 4 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 5 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
“I’d like to thank everybody who attended and all my staff for all their hard work over the weekend.”
Among the breeds vying for the coveted prizes and awards were everything from pugs, Staffordshire Terriers and Pekingese to German shepherds, daschunds and even a Great Dane.
Winners at the show included Alice, a West Highland Terrier, for best dog and owner lookalike; Nippa, a Staffie, for cutest pup; Mr Brown, poodle, for golden oldie; Kayla, the husky, owned by Shirley Nicolas, for Miss Hampstead; Ben, a German Shepherd, owned by Eva Ujhaziova for Mr Hampstead; and best in show was Roxy, the miniature daschund owned by Liam Gallagher and Nicole Appleton.
To make a donation to All Dogs Matter call 07904 472 678.