Dodgy bus driving blocks road after Muswell Hill crash
Pictures show the bus trapped in the main route between Muswell Hill and Highgate following the aftermath of serious collision
A NASTY collision between a car and a moped last night was exacerbated by a bus driver’s attempts to steer clear of the traffic.
As the 43 bus attempted a three-point turn to get away from the crash on Muswell Hill Road, near Highgate Station, it became wedged in the road, causing at least four other buses to become backed up behind it.
The crash happened around 7.30pm last night and involved a Piaggio moped and a Ford car near Onslow Gardens, by Highgate Wood.
A man, believed to 20 years old was taken to a London hospital with suspected head injuries, where he remains in a critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
Muswell Hill Road was closed in both directions and was not reopened until about 12.30am - it is not clear whether the bus caused further delays.
- 1 Prince Philip's funeral: Camden firm Levertons to make arrangements
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 7 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 8 'Negligence put lives at risk': £10k fine after fire at unlicensed HMO
- 9 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m
- 10 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted