Dodgy bus driving blocks road after Muswell Hill crash
Pictures show the bus trapped in the main route between Muswell Hill and Highgate following the aftermath of serious collision
A NASTY collision between a car and a moped last night was exacerbated by a bus driver’s attempts to steer clear of the traffic.
As the 43 bus attempted a three-point turn to get away from the crash on Muswell Hill Road, near Highgate Station, it became wedged in the road, causing at least four other buses to become backed up behind it.
The crash happened around 7.30pm last night and involved a Piaggio moped and a Ford car near Onslow Gardens, by Highgate Wood.
A man, believed to 20 years old was taken to a London hospital with suspected head injuries, where he remains in a critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
Muswell Hill Road was closed in both directions and was not reopened until about 12.30am - it is not clear whether the bus caused further delays.
- 1 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 2 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 3 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 4 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 5 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 6 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 7 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 8 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 9 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath