Do you remember the 43 Group at Whitestone Pond?
MY colleague Alan Dein and I are making a BBC Radio 4 Archive Hour on the 43 Group and post war British Fascism. It s called A Rage in Dalston. We are looking for people who have strong memories of either the meetings of the small literary societies that
MY colleague Alan Dein and I are making a BBC Radio 4 Archive Hour on the 43 Group and post war British Fascism. It's called A Rage in Dalston.
We are looking for people who have strong memories of either the meetings of the small literary societies that were formed upon Oswald Mosley's return to political life after the war. And we would like to hear from anyone who has strong memories of the wild goings-on around Whitestone Ponds where the 43 Group would regularly disrupt fascist pitches.
Do you remember Jeffrey Hamm speaking at Whitestone Ponds after the war? Do you remember the literary societies formed post war to hear Oswald Mosley speak? Do you remember the clashes between the 43 Group and Fascist speakers in Hampstead? If so, then BBC Radio 4's Archive Hour wants to hear from you. Contact Mark Burman or Alan Dein on 0207 765 4818 or email: email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
Henry Wood House
Portland Place, W1A 1AA
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 3 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 4 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 8 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 9 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 10 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'