Do you remember the 43 Group at Whitestone Pond?
MY colleague Alan Dein and I are making a BBC Radio 4 Archive Hour on the 43 Group and post war British Fascism. It s called A Rage in Dalston. We are looking for people who have strong memories of either the meetings of the small literary societies that
MY colleague Alan Dein and I are making a BBC Radio 4 Archive Hour on the 43 Group and post war British Fascism. It's called A Rage in Dalston.
We are looking for people who have strong memories of either the meetings of the small literary societies that were formed upon Oswald Mosley's return to political life after the war. And we would like to hear from anyone who has strong memories of the wild goings-on around Whitestone Ponds where the 43 Group would regularly disrupt fascist pitches.
Do you remember Jeffrey Hamm speaking at Whitestone Ponds after the war? Do you remember the literary societies formed post war to hear Oswald Mosley speak? Do you remember the clashes between the 43 Group and Fascist speakers in Hampstead? If so, then BBC Radio 4's Archive Hour wants to hear from you. Contact Mark Burman or Alan Dein on 0207 765 4818 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also want to watch:
Henry Wood House
Portland Place, W1A 1AA
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 7 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 10 Murder arrest after Primrose Hill woman dies from stab wounds