Do you remember the 43 Group at Whitestone Pond?
MY colleague Alan Dein and I are making a BBC Radio 4 Archive Hour on the 43 Group and post war British Fascism. It s called A Rage in Dalston. We are looking for people who have strong memories of either the meetings of the small literary societies that
MY colleague Alan Dein and I are making a BBC Radio 4 Archive Hour on the 43 Group and post war British Fascism. It's called A Rage in Dalston.
We are looking for people who have strong memories of either the meetings of the small literary societies that were formed upon Oswald Mosley's return to political life after the war. And we would like to hear from anyone who has strong memories of the wild goings-on around Whitestone Ponds where the 43 Group would regularly disrupt fascist pitches.
Do you remember Jeffrey Hamm speaking at Whitestone Ponds after the war? Do you remember the literary societies formed post war to hear Oswald Mosley speak? Do you remember the clashes between the 43 Group and Fascist speakers in Hampstead? If so, then BBC Radio 4's Archive Hour wants to hear from you. Contact Mark Burman or Alan Dein on 0207 765 4818 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also want to watch:
Henry Wood House
Portland Place, W1A 1AA
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points