DJ hosts star-studded performers on Zoom in fundraising event for Haverstock Hill church
- Credit: Archant
Musicians and performers came together to celebrate a DJ’s birthday and fundraise for a church near Haverstock Hill.
Edward Adoo - a broadcaster, writer, music consultant and DJ who lives in Cricklewood - initially planned a video call catchup for his 41st birthday during the coronavirus lockdown.
However, the event expanded and Edward decided to use it to raise money for his church, St Dominic’s Priory, which has not benefited from any congregation donations since the lockdown came into force.
About 100 people tuned in to see acts such as Swiss Cottage’s WiseRap, a set live from Chicago by DJ T-Storm and Gospel Oak poet Nelissa Mendy.
There was also a quiz co-hosted by The Chase’s Anne Hegerty.
You may also want to watch:
Edward thanked all the contributors: “It felt as if we were all actually there rather than streamed. Everybody got involved.”
The event raised about £900, but donations can still be made at www.rosaryshrine.co.uk/donate
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 4 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 8 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council