DJ hosts star-studded performers on Zoom in fundraising event for Haverstock Hill church
- Credit: Archant
Musicians and performers came together to celebrate a DJ’s birthday and fundraise for a church near Haverstock Hill.
Edward Adoo - a broadcaster, writer, music consultant and DJ who lives in Cricklewood - initially planned a video call catchup for his 41st birthday during the coronavirus lockdown.
However, the event expanded and Edward decided to use it to raise money for his church, St Dominic’s Priory, which has not benefited from any congregation donations since the lockdown came into force.
About 100 people tuned in to see acts such as Swiss Cottage’s WiseRap, a set live from Chicago by DJ T-Storm and Gospel Oak poet Nelissa Mendy.
There was also a quiz co-hosted by The Chase’s Anne Hegerty.
You may also want to watch:
Edward thanked all the contributors: “It felt as if we were all actually there rather than streamed. Everybody got involved.”
The event raised about £900, but donations can still be made at www.rosaryshrine.co.uk/donate
- 1 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 4 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 5 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 6 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 7 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 8 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 9 Anorexia was nurtured and nourished by lockdown – and the media
- 10 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme