Discover Hampstead through the eyes of its people in the Ham&High’s first app
- Credit: Archant
What makes NW3 one of the most sought-after postcodes in London? Discover Hampstead is the Ham&High’s first app aimed at capturing the essence of the coveted village that attracts thousands of new residents and visitors each year.
From the quaint little shops to critically-acclaimed restaurants, with the spectacular Hampstead Heath a stone’s throw away from the high street and some of the most admired properties in the country, it is little wonder that Hampstead attracts such interest.
Discover Hampstead highlights this, giving readers a flavour of the area – including contributions from community leaders, from Hampstead’s own residents and includes a nod to Hampstead’s rich alumni of artists, musicians and writers.
The app – which is available to download free today – includes a guide to the wide range of eateries as well as an at a glance guide to the high-regarded schools of NW3.
As Christmas approaches, Shop Local campaigner Jessica Learmond-Criqui guides us through Hampstead’s independent stores which are sure to inspire some unique gift ideas.
You may also want to watch:
We celebrate Hampstead’s famous residents – past and present – with a series of features on the illustrious figures who have been honoured with a historic blue plaque adorning some of the much-admired homes in the Village.
No Hampstead app would be complete without featuring Hampstead Heath as we look back at the historic Kenwood House Concerts including a picture gallery of years gone by.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 6 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
Meanwhile Jeremy Simons, Hampstead Heath and Highgate Wood committee chairman and also a Ham&High columnist, highlights some of the wonderful landscapes that can be viewed and the work that is being carried out behind the scenes to protect them.
However it is the people who define Hampstead and it is one of the few places in the vast capital city to boast a close-knit community. In a series of first person articles, Why we Love Hampstead, residents share their thoughts on the village and explain why it is so special to them.
Finally, Ham&High cartoonist Ken Pyne captures the essence of Hampstead in his own inimitable way through his highly-observational slideshow of sketches.
To download the app for free now, visit the app store and type in Discover Hampstead.