Dial-a-Ride is a vital service for disadvantaged elderly
The London Assembly recently investigated TfL s Dial-a-Ride service following numerous complaints from people with disabilities and organisations representing those with impaired mobility. The investigation confirmed the views, expressed by Dial-a-Ride
The London Assembly recently investigated TfL's Dial-a-Ride service following numerous complaints from people with disabilities and organisations representing those with impaired mobility.
The investigation confirmed the views, expressed by Dial-a-Ride users, that the service is in drastic need of improvement.
Despite the Assembly's findings, Mayor Boris Johnson has refused to review the Dial-a-Ride service, believing that members should start to see significant improvements now that the new booking system is in place.
According to the Mayor, users can now expect more trips, fewer cancellations, and will find it easy to make trip requests.
You may also want to watch:
I have long been a supporter of Dial-a-Ride and understand what a lifeline this door-to-door transport is for the Londoners who use it.
I want to ensure that the service is working as well as it possibly could be. I would like to ask any Dial-a-Ride users to let me know how the service is performing and report any failures (and successes) by writing to me at Joanne McCartney AM, City Hall, The Queen's Walk, London SE1 2AA or emailing email@example.com
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
Assembly Member for Enfield and Haringey