Development is bound to hurt Talacre Sports Centre
. I write to share my concern that the Dalby Street Development would have serious impact on the Talacre Sports Centre which is a popular centre, intensively used by people from Camden and its surrounding boroughs. The Dalby Street which links Talacre S
I write to share my concern that the Dalby Street Development would have serious impact on the Talacre Sports Centre which is a popular centre, intensively used by people from Camden and its surrounding boroughs.
The Dalby Street which links Talacre Sports Centre to Prince Of Wales Road to be transferred to the prospective developer of a seven-storey building containing 55 flats to be built on it. To enable the users of the sports centre to access the centre, the developer would provide a narrow road without a pavement.
The vehicles would be managed by the street Marshalls which is going to be an expensive business to manage for all times. As the centre is used intensively, the users of the Talacre Sports Centre would be at risk of accidents, particularly, families with children even though the pedestrian would have their own alleyway on the other side of the flats.
You may also want to watch:
It is a sheer disgrace that the council as well as the developer disrespected the right of the users of the sport centre to use the pavement. It is also sad that Dalby Street would be handed to the developer before the replacement route is ready.
Hence, in my view the Dalby Street Development would put the Talacre Sports Centre at disadvantage because the image and the reputation of the centre would be seriously damaged
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 8 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
Councillor, Haverstock Ward,
Camden Town Hall
London WC1H 9JE