Developers are causing chaos in and around Hampstead
The several letters and articles published recently bring yet more examples of the total chaos that developers are allowed to cause in and around Hampstead. West Heath Road will shortly have yet another development site, already approved by Barnet, whi
The several letters and articles published recently bring yet more examples of the total chaos that developers are allowed to cause in and around Hampstead.
West Heath Road will shortly have yet another development site, already approved by Barnet, whilst there are already about ten working sites in total along both parts of the road. On one occasion last week the road was closed whilst yet another massive lorry was parked loading equipment and then being moved through totally inadequate access roads. Two weeks ago another massive crane was erected nearby. We now live in the middle of three of these clanking machines
Until local councils take steps to ensure that developers are not allowed to use the public roads as part of their construction sites the situation will not improve. Permission should be given only for building on plots that will allow lorries and equipment to be loaded and unloaded on-site. If they cannot be, then it is clear that the site is too small for the proposed development.
At present it is clear that developers have the upper hand in their negotiations with local Councils. Until the balance swings the opposite way we shall continue to live with extreme inconvenience. If enough of us object to what is happening in our neighbourhood perhaps we can help that swing.
West Heath Road, NW3
- 1 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 2 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 3 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 4 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 5 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 6 'Someone is responsible for council spending £23m on office block'
- 7 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 8 Alexandra Palace chief executive to leave in 2022
- 9 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 10 Proposed bus changes could see Hampstead bus route 168 merged