Developer sues Ally Pally
DEVELOPER Firoka, will be suing Ally Pally, its general manager confirmed today. In 2007 a temporary trading licence was granted to Firoka but its millionaire owner, Firoz Kassam, withdrew from negotiations in August 2008, after the palace s trading co
DEVELOPERS, Firoka, will be suing Ally Pally, its general manager confirmed today.
In 2007 a temporary trading licence was granted to Firoka but its millionaire owner, Firoz Kassam, withdrew from negotiations in August 2008, after the palace's trading company resumed its licence.
Campaigners were always critical of the contract with Firoka and a report in September 2008 criticised the terms of the contract claiming it was too "advantageous" towards Firoka.
David Loudfoot, general manager of the Alexandra Palace and Park Charitable Trust, confirmed today that a formal letter of claim had been received from solicitors acting for Firoka.
"Our legal advisers are considering the letter and will be responding in detail," he said.
"Since dealings with Firoka ceased we have worked closely with the council to re-establish our trading company and start looking forward, with improved facilities, new contracts and an exciting programme of events.
- 1 Dentist guilty of 'attempted sexual communication with a child'
- 2 Mayor of Haringey racially abused after Christmas event
- 3 Henrietta Barnett rated second best state school in the UK
- 4 Rainbow George: Hampstead 'dreamer' dies at 81
- 5 Hornsey Tavern to reopen as Irish sports pub
- 6 Out with Cafe Hampstead... in comes Oak & Poppy
- 7 Piano shop at risk of closure over business rates dispute
- 8 John Lewis Christmas advert: The Golders Green teenager who met an alien
- 9 Primrose Hill: Menorah vandalised in hate crime incident
- 10 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
"The council has confirmed its ongoing support for Ally Pally as we look to the future, to ensure that it can develop its commercial and public facilities over the coming period.
"This action concerns events in the past, and does not impact on our current and future plans.