Dereck Chisora helps raise £160,000 for Norwood and Paskin Children’s charities at star-studded boxing dinner
- Credit: Getty Images
Hundreds of guests bagged a ringside seat to mingle with stars at the Annual Charity Boxing Dinner last night, sponsored by the Ham&High.
The glittering evening was attended by celebrities including Dereck Chisora and George Groves and raised £160,000 for Norwood, a Jewish charity for children and adults with learning disabilities, and the Paskin Children’s Trust, which helps support children with brain injuries across the UK.
The evening was held at the Lancaster London hotel in Paddington and began with a drinks reception and dinner.
Cheeky comedian Lee Nelson and soul singing sensation Patrick Alan of R&B group The Drifters entertained guests before the three-bout boxing match, which saw Danni Griffiths beat Kamil Sokolowski, Tamuka Mucha win against Gatis Skuja and the bout between Jimmy Cooper and Jamie Quinn result in a draw.
The event also featured a raffle and a silent charity auction, with prizes including a guitar signed by “the Modfather” Paul Weller and a helmet signed by all of last year’s Formula One drivers.
Boxers George Groves and Deion Jumah presented the Henry Cooper Memorial Award to veteran boxing coach Mick Delaney of Dale Youth Boxing Club in Notting Hill.
The money raised will provide vital funds for Norwood, a leading UK charity, supporting children, families, and people with learning disabilities and autism and the Paskin Children’s Trust, which supports disadvantaged and disabled children all over the UK.
- 1 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 2 Fans pray for Bosco 'and his big stick' as he goes into surgery
- 3 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 4 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 5 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 6 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 7 New Camden real-time pollution sensors show 'unhealthy' borough air
- 8 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 9 Bow Lock murder: Victim's two girlfriends give evidence at Old Bailey
- 10 Bus routes 24, 31 and 88 serving Camden, Hampstead and Parliament Hill to be axed or re-routed
Eleanor Bunt, business development manager at Norwood, said: “I’d like to thank all those who donated prizes and the Boxing Dinner Committee for all their hard work putting this event together.
“I’d also like to say a huge thank you to our sponsor the Ham&High series and to all our guests for making this an unforgettable evening.”