Delayed Gospel Oak gas works to return with three-month project
- Credit: Archant
Work will begin to replace gas mains in Gospel Oak after a public outcry forced its delay last year.
National Grid called off its work in Mansfield Road in autumn after it caused “more impact than expected”.
The project, which will guarantee safe gas supplies for residents, will run from Monday to April 21 in three phases after discussion with Camden Council and residents.
A spokesman for National Grid said: “We do all we can to deliver our essential work with as little disruption as possible.”
He added: “This work will help ensure the local community keep on enjoying safe and reliable gas supplies for cooking and heating.”
You may also want to watch:
To enquire about the works, National Grid asks that residents call their customer services team on 0800 096 5678
- 1 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 9 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council