Delayed Gospel Oak gas works to return with three-month project
- Credit: Archant
Work will begin to replace gas mains in Gospel Oak after a public outcry forced its delay last year.
National Grid called off its work in Mansfield Road in autumn after it caused “more impact than expected”.
The project, which will guarantee safe gas supplies for residents, will run from Monday to April 21 in three phases after discussion with Camden Council and residents.
A spokesman for National Grid said: “We do all we can to deliver our essential work with as little disruption as possible.”
He added: “This work will help ensure the local community keep on enjoying safe and reliable gas supplies for cooking and heating.”
You may also want to watch:
To enquire about the works, National Grid asks that residents call their customer services team on 0800 096 5678
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?