Delayed Gospel Oak gas works to return with three-month project
- Credit: Archant
Work will begin to replace gas mains in Gospel Oak after a public outcry forced its delay last year.
National Grid called off its work in Mansfield Road in autumn after it caused “more impact than expected”.
The project, which will guarantee safe gas supplies for residents, will run from Monday to April 21 in three phases after discussion with Camden Council and residents.
A spokesman for National Grid said: “We do all we can to deliver our essential work with as little disruption as possible.”
He added: “This work will help ensure the local community keep on enjoying safe and reliable gas supplies for cooking and heating.”
You may also want to watch:
To enquire about the works, National Grid asks that residents call their customer services team on 0800 096 5678
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 3 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 4 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 5 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 6 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green
- 7 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 8 Tim Burton's former Primrose Hill home on the market for £20m
- 9 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police
- 10 'Now we hope for the best' – independent traders in Muswell Hill