Delayed Gospel Oak gas works to return with three-month project
- Credit: Archant
Work will begin to replace gas mains in Gospel Oak after a public outcry forced its delay last year.
National Grid called off its work in Mansfield Road in autumn after it caused “more impact than expected”.
The project, which will guarantee safe gas supplies for residents, will run from Monday to April 21 in three phases after discussion with Camden Council and residents.
A spokesman for National Grid said: “We do all we can to deliver our essential work with as little disruption as possible.”
He added: “This work will help ensure the local community keep on enjoying safe and reliable gas supplies for cooking and heating.”
You may also want to watch:
To enquire about the works, National Grid asks that residents call their customer services team on 0800 096 5678
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub