Dearling blasts 'abject' display
Hampstead were ""abject"" in Saturday's London League division three defeat against Datchworth, according to club president Roger Dearling. We were very poor – it was an abject performance, said Dearling. Having played so well last week, I expected more
Hampstead were "abject" in Saturday's London League division three defeat against Datchworth, according to club president Roger Dearling.
"We were very poor - it was an abject performance," said Dearling. "Having played so well last week, I expected more this time.
"But apart from Guy Dobson, who made a number of fine tackles to stop tries, and the two wing backs, there was not anything good about the performance."
Yet, Hampstead went in at the break still in touch with Datchworth at 19-10.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Back grabbed a first- half interception try which was converted by Matt McTurk, who also landed a penalty.
In the second-half, the home side added a further 18 points while Guy Dobson scored from from three metres following a rare, yet excellent, passage of play from the visitors.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 4 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 5 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 8 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 9 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 10 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
Hampstead face mid-table Enfield Ignatians on the Heath Extension tomorrow.
Hampstead: Dobson, Williams, Sleight, Back, Pool, Gold, McTurk, Everrett, Pugh, Dodd, Aygeton, Eastwood, Credland, Burgess, Lacey.