Dearling blasts 'abject' display
Hampstead were ""abject"" in Saturday's London League division three defeat against Datchworth, according to club president Roger Dearling. We were very poor – it was an abject performance, said Dearling. Having played so well last week, I expected more
Hampstead were "abject" in Saturday's London League division three defeat against Datchworth, according to club president Roger Dearling.
"We were very poor - it was an abject performance," said Dearling. "Having played so well last week, I expected more this time.
"But apart from Guy Dobson, who made a number of fine tackles to stop tries, and the two wing backs, there was not anything good about the performance."
Yet, Hampstead went in at the break still in touch with Datchworth at 19-10.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Back grabbed a first- half interception try which was converted by Matt McTurk, who also landed a penalty.
In the second-half, the home side added a further 18 points while Guy Dobson scored from from three metres following a rare, yet excellent, passage of play from the visitors.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 9 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 10 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
Hampstead face mid-table Enfield Ignatians on the Heath Extension tomorrow.
Hampstead: Dobson, Williams, Sleight, Back, Pool, Gold, McTurk, Everrett, Pugh, Dodd, Aygeton, Eastwood, Credland, Burgess, Lacey.