Dearling blasts 'abject' display
Hampstead were ""abject"" in Saturday's London League division three defeat against Datchworth, according to club president Roger Dearling. We were very poor – it was an abject performance, said Dearling. Having played so well last week, I expected more
Hampstead were "abject" in Saturday's London League division three defeat against Datchworth, according to club president Roger Dearling.
"We were very poor - it was an abject performance," said Dearling. "Having played so well last week, I expected more this time.
"But apart from Guy Dobson, who made a number of fine tackles to stop tries, and the two wing backs, there was not anything good about the performance."
Yet, Hampstead went in at the break still in touch with Datchworth at 19-10.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Back grabbed a first- half interception try which was converted by Matt McTurk, who also landed a penalty.
In the second-half, the home side added a further 18 points while Guy Dobson scored from from three metres following a rare, yet excellent, passage of play from the visitors.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 10 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
Hampstead face mid-table Enfield Ignatians on the Heath Extension tomorrow.
Hampstead: Dobson, Williams, Sleight, Back, Pool, Gold, McTurk, Everrett, Pugh, Dodd, Aygeton, Eastwood, Credland, Burgess, Lacey.