Rianna Dean extends contract with Tottenham Women
- Credit: PA
Tottenham Hotspur Women have announced that Rianna Dean has extended her contract until 2021 with an option of a further year.
Dean has been Spurs top scorer for the last two consecutive seasons since signing from Millwall Lionesses in 2018, having started her career with north London rivals Arsenal.
During Tottenham’s promotion campaign in 2018-19 the England under-21 international hit 14 goals in 19 FA Women’s Championship starts.
She signed her first full-time professional contract with Tottenham ahead of the 2019/20 Women’s Super League campaign and went on to score on her debut at West Ham United in the London Stadium.
Dean played 14 of the 15 games which Spurs fulfilled in the WSL season before play was suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic and scored nine goals, before the campaign was ended with immediate effect on May 25.
Speaking to TottenhamHotspur.com Dean said: “When committing my future to Spurs, I never had any doubts, I’ve really enjoyed my time at the club so far and since I arrived, I’ve never looked back.
“I’ve been extremely fortunate and thankful for the opportunities that I’ve had here already, and Karen (Hills) and Juan (Amoros) have really had an impact on me and I feel that I am becoming a better player.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 4 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 5 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 6 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 7 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 8 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
“I just want to help the team and club as much as I can, master the number nine position and be the best that I can be – I feel I can achieve that here at Spurs.”