Dawson urges team mates to reproduce cup form in Premiership
MICHAEL Dawson this week called on his Spurs team-mates to carry their Carling Cup form into the Premier League – so they can enjoy their Wembley final against Manchester United. The central defender, who is arguably playing his best football for Spurs un
MICHAEL Dawson this week called on his Spurs team-mates to carry their Carling Cup form into the Premier League - so they can enjoy their Wembley final against Manchester United.
The central defender, who is arguably playing his best football for Spurs under Harry Redknapp, believes the run-in to the March 1 showdown holds the key to the club's survival in the top flight.
Tottenham are fighting for their Premier League lives after losing at fellow strugglers Bolton on Saturday, a game that marked the start of a crucial run of fixtures.
"The run-up to Wembley is a vital time in our season," Dawson told Ham&High "We've got two games in the Uefa Cup and a few league games and we need to get more points on the board."
You may also want to watch:
More often than not lately Dawson has been in Harry Redknapp's starting line-up.
He was one of the few players exempt from Redknapp's recent criticisms and skippered the Lilywhites in the 2-1 FA Cup defeat at Old Trafford last week. "You need a run of games and I've had that under Harry Redknapp," said Dawson.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Helen Allingham's Hampstead watercolour up for auction
"He's given me the chance and believed in me and I'm enjoying my football at the moment."