Dawson urges team mates to reproduce cup form in Premiership
MICHAEL Dawson this week called on his Spurs team-mates to carry their Carling Cup form into the Premier League – so they can enjoy their Wembley final against Manchester United. The central defender, who is arguably playing his best football for Spurs un
MICHAEL Dawson this week called on his Spurs team-mates to carry their Carling Cup form into the Premier League - so they can enjoy their Wembley final against Manchester United.
The central defender, who is arguably playing his best football for Spurs under Harry Redknapp, believes the run-in to the March 1 showdown holds the key to the club's survival in the top flight.
Tottenham are fighting for their Premier League lives after losing at fellow strugglers Bolton on Saturday, a game that marked the start of a crucial run of fixtures.
"The run-up to Wembley is a vital time in our season," Dawson told Ham&High "We've got two games in the Uefa Cup and a few league games and we need to get more points on the board."
More often than not lately Dawson has been in Harry Redknapp's starting line-up.
He was one of the few players exempt from Redknapp's recent criticisms and skippered the Lilywhites in the 2-1 FA Cup defeat at Old Trafford last week. "You need a run of games and I've had that under Harry Redknapp," said Dawson.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 6 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 7 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 8 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 9 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
- 10 Stolen car crashes in Kentish Town leaving woman hospitalised
"He's given me the chance and believed in me and I'm enjoying my football at the moment."