Davison signs new deal with Tottenham Women
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Gemma Davison has signed a new contract with Tottenham Hotspur Women until 2021.
Davison has been capped 16 times by England and has also played for Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea in the Women’s Super League.
The forward also has plenty of medals to show off as she has picked up the league title on four occasions, as well as winning two FA Cups.
Davison picked up one of her FA Cups at Arsenal in 2013 before being a part of Chelsea’s Double-winning squad two years later.
The 33-year-old made 16 appearances in Tottenham’s debut season in the WSL in 2019-20, including nine starts as they finished seventh in the table.
You may also want to watch:
Davison has also spent time in the USA during her illustrious career as she featured for New York Magic, Chicago Red Eleven, Buffalo Flash, Western New York Flash and Sky Blue FC.
Speaking to the club website about her new contract Davison said “I’m thankful to Spurs as being here has made me enjoy my football again.
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 8 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
“The environment has been right for me – I feel valued and that helps me play at my best. I really appreciate all the hard work that is being done at the club.
“I believe we have an exciting future ahead and I would take huge satisfaction in helping build, guide and push the team to reach greater levels next season.”
Davison follows Rebecca Spencer, Ashleigh Neville, Josie Green, Rianna Dean and Anna Filbey in extending her contract at Tottenham ahead of the 2020-21 season which is due to start in September.