David Cameron cancels event after tragedy
CONSERVATIVE leader David Cameron has cancelled an event in Barnet, after the death of his son Ivan. The six-year-old who suffered cerebral palsy and epilepsy died yesterday (Weds) at St Mary’s Hospital, Paddington.
CONSERVATIVE leader David Cameron has cancelled an event in Barnet, after the death of his son Ivan.
The six-year-old who suffered cerebral palsy and epilepsy died yesterday (Weds) at St Mary’s Hospital, Paddington.
Mr Cameron was due to face a question and answer session with Barnet residents at Middlesex University, Hendon on Monday (March 2) but the event will now be re-arranged.
A conservative party spokesman said: “It is with great sadness that David and Samantha Cameron must confirm the death of their six-year-old son Ivan.
You may also want to watch:
“Ivan was taken ill overnight and died at St Mary's Hospital, Paddington, early on Wednesday morning.”
Prime Minister Gordon Brown made a tribute to Mr Cameron’s young son. He said: “Sarah and I were very saddened to hear of the death of Ivan and we have sent our condolences to David and Samantha. The death of a child is a loss no parent should have to bear.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 6 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 7 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 8 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
“I know Ivan was a child who brought joy to all those who knew him and his was a life surrounded by love. The thoughts and prayers of the whole country are with David, Samantha and their family.”