David Cameron cancels event after tragedy
CONSERVATIVE leader David Cameron has cancelled an event in Barnet, after the death of his son Ivan. The six-year-old who suffered cerebral palsy and epilepsy died yesterday (Weds) at St Mary’s Hospital, Paddington.
CONSERVATIVE leader David Cameron has cancelled an event in Barnet, after the death of his son Ivan.
The six-year-old who suffered cerebral palsy and epilepsy died yesterday (Weds) at St Mary’s Hospital, Paddington.
Mr Cameron was due to face a question and answer session with Barnet residents at Middlesex University, Hendon on Monday (March 2) but the event will now be re-arranged.
A conservative party spokesman said: “It is with great sadness that David and Samantha Cameron must confirm the death of their six-year-old son Ivan.
You may also want to watch:
“Ivan was taken ill overnight and died at St Mary's Hospital, Paddington, early on Wednesday morning.”
Prime Minister Gordon Brown made a tribute to Mr Cameron’s young son. He said: “Sarah and I were very saddened to hear of the death of Ivan and we have sent our condolences to David and Samantha. The death of a child is a loss no parent should have to bear.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 10 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
“I know Ivan was a child who brought joy to all those who knew him and his was a life surrounded by love. The thoughts and prayers of the whole country are with David, Samantha and their family.”