David Cameron cancels event after tragedy
CONSERVATIVE leader David Cameron has cancelled an event in Barnet, after the death of his son Ivan. The six-year-old who suffered cerebral palsy and epilepsy died yesterday (Weds) at St Mary’s Hospital, Paddington.
CONSERVATIVE leader David Cameron has cancelled an event in Barnet, after the death of his son Ivan.
The six-year-old who suffered cerebral palsy and epilepsy died yesterday (Weds) at St Mary’s Hospital, Paddington.
Mr Cameron was due to face a question and answer session with Barnet residents at Middlesex University, Hendon on Monday (March 2) but the event will now be re-arranged.
A conservative party spokesman said: “It is with great sadness that David and Samantha Cameron must confirm the death of their six-year-old son Ivan.
You may also want to watch:
“Ivan was taken ill overnight and died at St Mary's Hospital, Paddington, early on Wednesday morning.”
Prime Minister Gordon Brown made a tribute to Mr Cameron’s young son. He said: “Sarah and I were very saddened to hear of the death of Ivan and we have sent our condolences to David and Samantha. The death of a child is a loss no parent should have to bear.
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 6 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 7 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 10 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
“I know Ivan was a child who brought joy to all those who knew him and his was a life surrounded by love. The thoughts and prayers of the whole country are with David, Samantha and their family.”