David Beckham and James Corden at The Washington pub in Belsize Park
While newspapers were lapping up David Beckham’s recent topless publicity stunt for a clothing chain - the global superstar was drinking in the atmosphere at a Belsize Park pub with friend James Corden.
Tucked away towards the back of The Washington pub, Beckham and Corden were enjoying a drink yesterday (Thursday, January 5) when Heathman popped in for a quiet evening pint.
The two had been out partying with Prince Harry in the lead up to Christmas, but were enjoying the more relaxed atmosphere of the England’s Lane boozer.
Swooning bar staff were all of a flutter and one told Heathman she was physically shaking when serving the former England captain, who is believed to have turned down a move to French club Paris Saint Germain for family reasons.
But Beckham’s cover was soon blown.
You may also want to watch:
Corden, a Belsize Park resident, beat a hasty retreat through the side entrance, concealed under a black beanie, while Beckham strode out to the flash of paparazzi who had tracked him down.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 7 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Ozil travels to Turkey as Arsenal exit looms