David Beckham and James Corden at The Washington pub in Belsize Park
While newspapers were lapping up David Beckham’s recent topless publicity stunt for a clothing chain - the global superstar was drinking in the atmosphere at a Belsize Park pub with friend James Corden.
Tucked away towards the back of The Washington pub, Beckham and Corden were enjoying a drink yesterday (Thursday, January 5) when Heathman popped in for a quiet evening pint.
The two had been out partying with Prince Harry in the lead up to Christmas, but were enjoying the more relaxed atmosphere of the England’s Lane boozer.
Swooning bar staff were all of a flutter and one told Heathman she was physically shaking when serving the former England captain, who is believed to have turned down a move to French club Paris Saint Germain for family reasons.
But Beckham’s cover was soon blown.
You may also want to watch:
Corden, a Belsize Park resident, beat a hasty retreat through the side entrance, concealed under a black beanie, while Beckham strode out to the flash of paparazzi who had tracked him down.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 6 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 8 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 9 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 10 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52