David Beckham and James Corden at The Washington pub in Belsize Park
While newspapers were lapping up David Beckham’s recent topless publicity stunt for a clothing chain - the global superstar was drinking in the atmosphere at a Belsize Park pub with friend James Corden.
Tucked away towards the back of The Washington pub, Beckham and Corden were enjoying a drink yesterday (Thursday, January 5) when Heathman popped in for a quiet evening pint.
The two had been out partying with Prince Harry in the lead up to Christmas, but were enjoying the more relaxed atmosphere of the England’s Lane boozer.
Swooning bar staff were all of a flutter and one told Heathman she was physically shaking when serving the former England captain, who is believed to have turned down a move to French club Paris Saint Germain for family reasons.
But Beckham’s cover was soon blown.
You may also want to watch:
Corden, a Belsize Park resident, beat a hasty retreat through the side entrance, concealed under a black beanie, while Beckham strode out to the flash of paparazzi who had tracked him down.
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 3 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 8 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 9 Ally Pally and Highgate's abandoned station star in new children's book
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again