David Beckham and James Corden at The Washington pub in Belsize Park
While newspapers were lapping up David Beckham’s recent topless publicity stunt for a clothing chain - the global superstar was drinking in the atmosphere at a Belsize Park pub with friend James Corden.
Tucked away towards the back of The Washington pub, Beckham and Corden were enjoying a drink yesterday (Thursday, January 5) when Heathman popped in for a quiet evening pint.
The two had been out partying with Prince Harry in the lead up to Christmas, but were enjoying the more relaxed atmosphere of the England’s Lane boozer.
Swooning bar staff were all of a flutter and one told Heathman she was physically shaking when serving the former England captain, who is believed to have turned down a move to French club Paris Saint Germain for family reasons.
But Beckham’s cover was soon blown.
You may also want to watch:
Corden, a Belsize Park resident, beat a hasty retreat through the side entrance, concealed under a black beanie, while Beckham strode out to the flash of paparazzi who had tracked him down.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 6 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 7 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 8 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate