Daniel Craig entertains crowds as new Bond film heads to Camden Lock
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
James Bond films are always filmed at the most glamourous of locations; Venice, the Bahamas, Istanbul and now, Camden Lock.
The latter may come as a surprise to locals but when Daniel Craig was spotted on Tuesday with a film crew, people soon realised the lock was going to be featured in the 24th bond film, Spectre.
Craig was spotted flicking the V sign while laughing as crowds gathered to watch the action.
A section of the canal was closed off as he and co-star Rory Kinnear filmed a river scene, which appeared to involve the boat going through an arched bridge and under a building on the canal-side.
A large floodlight has also been suspended from a crane on the opposite bank.
You may also want to watch:
John Hagley, 33, an accounts assistant for a publishing company, which overlooks the canal, took a break from working to watch Craig and Kinnear.
He said: “We see the filming of things in Camden all the time, but this has to be the biggest film yet.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music for 'healthy hedonists'
- 5 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police
- 6 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 7 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 8 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 9 Sabrina Francis made Camden's first Black woman mayor
- 10 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
“It didn’t look like a chase scene as there were no other moving boats. While they were filming some guys were creating waves on the canal by swaying against the wall of the bridge. Maybe they were trying to make it look like the boat was travelling faster than what it was.”
The new film is being directed by Sam Mendes, returning for a second Bond film, and the cast will include French actress Lea Seydoux and Italian star Monica Bellucci, as well as Christoph Waltz and Sherlock star Andrew Scott.
Craig is reprising his role as 007 for a fourth time.
It will be released on November 6, 2015.