Dance Around The World festival returns to Camden for 18th year
- Credit: Archant
The annual Dance Around the World festival is returning to Camden’s Cecil Sharp House this weekend and organisers are convinced that a bumper programme will provide a much-needed boost to the borough’s health, wellbeing and diversity.
One of the organisers, Elsa Perez, told this newspaper: “We’ll be running from 10AM to 11PM and there’ll be all sorts of dancing for people to watch or take part in!
“It’s amazing, and it’s great for your mental health. So many studies now point to how much dance can help you relax.”
The dancing will range from Flamenco to Maori, with a multitude of other cultures and styles also included.
Elsa, who was born in South Africa and got involved in Dance Around The World a decade ago added: “It’s remarkable that this came from one business student’s idea.”
You may also want to watch:
Dance Around The World takes place on Saturday and Sunday this week from 10 to 11. A weekend ticket costs £30, with reduced rates on offer or each day and if you can only attend for an evening.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 3 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 4 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 8 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 9 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 10 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement