Dame Maureen Lipman joins Temple Fortune pal for Golders Green cycling fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A Temple Fortune woman has racked up 100 miles on her exercise bike for a cycling fundraiser, cheered on by Coronation Street star Dame Maureen Lipman.
Sandra Alexander, a wellbeing coordinator for Selig Court, completed her mega ride - which took her virtually from Stepney to Selig Court via Southend - for Jewish Care, which runs the retirement home in Golders Green.
Having started on October 14, the ride took her two weeks and she was supported by her friend and actor Maureen Lipman who brought her some challah bread for the Sabbath, and who completed a mile of the journey.
Sandra has fundraised £3,000 for Jewish Care’s wellbeing activities, which she said help to “alleviate isolation” and provide “excitement in these difficult times”.
Adam Overlander-Kaye, Jewish Care’s director of fundraising and community engagement, said Sandra “threw herself” into the challenge with “great passion”.
You may also want to watch:
He called the wellbeing activities, which support Holocaust survivors and refugees, a “lifeline” during the pandemic.
To donate click here.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 6 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 Tulip Siddiq MP: 'Nurseries are at the brink of collapse'
- 9 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'