Dame Maureen Lipman joins Temple Fortune pal for Golders Green cycling fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A Temple Fortune woman has racked up 100 miles on her exercise bike for a cycling fundraiser, cheered on by Coronation Street star Dame Maureen Lipman.
Sandra Alexander, a wellbeing coordinator for Selig Court, completed her mega ride - which took her virtually from Stepney to Selig Court via Southend - for Jewish Care, which runs the retirement home in Golders Green.
Having started on October 14, the ride took her two weeks and she was supported by her friend and actor Maureen Lipman who brought her some challah bread for the Sabbath, and who completed a mile of the journey.
Sandra has fundraised £3,000 for Jewish Care’s wellbeing activities, which she said help to “alleviate isolation” and provide “excitement in these difficult times”.
Adam Overlander-Kaye, Jewish Care’s director of fundraising and community engagement, said Sandra “threw herself” into the challenge with “great passion”.
You may also want to watch:
He called the wellbeing activities, which support Holocaust survivors and refugees, a “lifeline” during the pandemic.
To donate click here.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 5 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 6 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 7 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again