Dame Maureen Lipman joins Temple Fortune pal for Golders Green cycling fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A Temple Fortune woman has racked up 100 miles on her exercise bike for a cycling fundraiser, cheered on by Coronation Street star Dame Maureen Lipman.
Sandra Alexander, a wellbeing coordinator for Selig Court, completed her mega ride - which took her virtually from Stepney to Selig Court via Southend - for Jewish Care, which runs the retirement home in Golders Green.
Having started on October 14, the ride took her two weeks and she was supported by her friend and actor Maureen Lipman who brought her some challah bread for the Sabbath, and who completed a mile of the journey.
Sandra has fundraised £3,000 for Jewish Care’s wellbeing activities, which she said help to “alleviate isolation” and provide “excitement in these difficult times”.
Adam Overlander-Kaye, Jewish Care’s director of fundraising and community engagement, said Sandra “threw herself” into the challenge with “great passion”.
You may also want to watch:
He called the wellbeing activities, which support Holocaust survivors and refugees, a “lifeline” during the pandemic.
To donate click here.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 3 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 10 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101