Damaged pipe leaves 7,000 homes in Swiss Cottage without water
- Credit: Archant
A damaged water pipe in Swiss Cottage left 7,000 homes without water for nearly 11 hours yesterday.
The 16-inch pipe in College Crescent, near Finchley Road, stopped delivering water to homes at 10.30am.
It was only at 9pm that supplies were restored after complications with repairs delayed a team from Thames Water.
The pipe was eventually fixed in the early hours of this morning.
Bottled water was offered to disgruntled locals.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson from Thames Water said: “We’re really sorry for the disruption this caused and we are now looking into how this damage occurred.”
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 3 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council