Damaged pipe leaves 7,000 homes in Swiss Cottage without water
- Credit: Archant
A damaged water pipe in Swiss Cottage left 7,000 homes without water for nearly 11 hours yesterday.
The 16-inch pipe in College Crescent, near Finchley Road, stopped delivering water to homes at 10.30am.
It was only at 9pm that supplies were restored after complications with repairs delayed a team from Thames Water.
The pipe was eventually fixed in the early hours of this morning.
Bottled water was offered to disgruntled locals.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson from Thames Water said: “We’re really sorry for the disruption this caused and we are now looking into how this damage occurred.”
- 1 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 2 Camden’s recycling rate has fallen – and this rubbish is now urgent
- 3 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 4 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 5 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 6 Highgate primary praises new school street scheme restricting cars
- 7 James, Feeder and Maxïmo Park to play opening night of Kenwood
- 8 Three men charged after police officer injured in traffic stop
- 9 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 10 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure