Damaged pipe leaves 7,000 homes in Swiss Cottage without water
- Credit: Archant
A damaged water pipe in Swiss Cottage left 7,000 homes without water for nearly 11 hours yesterday.
The 16-inch pipe in College Crescent, near Finchley Road, stopped delivering water to homes at 10.30am.
It was only at 9pm that supplies were restored after complications with repairs delayed a team from Thames Water.
The pipe was eventually fixed in the early hours of this morning.
Bottled water was offered to disgruntled locals.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson from Thames Water said: “We’re really sorry for the disruption this caused and we are now looking into how this damage occurred.”
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 3 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 4 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 5 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 6 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 7 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 8 Late-night kidnap arrest after police search park
- 9 'We can't afford it': Camden foodbank prepares for spike in demand
- 10 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named