Dalmation escapes bus crash terror
A DOG owner has spoken of his amazement after his Dalmatian escaped unhurt despite being run over and trapped by a number 31 bus. Brian Levy had just returned from taking four-year-old Chloe for a walk and was about to take her into his South Hampstead h
A DOG owner has spoken of his amazement after his Dalmatian escaped unhurt despite being run over and trapped by a number 31 bus.
Brian Levy had just returned from taking four-year-old Chloe for a walk and was about to take her into his South Hampstead house when the accident happened on Monday at 3pm.
Chloe had spotted another dog on the other side of Fairfax Road and bounded across to greet it. But as she ran back towards Mr Levy, a number 31 bus hit her and she became trapped under the front wheels. Firefighters had to lift up the side of the bus to free her, but miraculously she emerged without a spot of damage.
Mr Levy, 70, who lives in Fairfax Road, said: "Chloe is in shock but she doesn't to have any injuries. She was trapped under the front axle, between the two front wheels. The fire brigade was fantastic. They lifted the side of the bus with hydraulics and tilted it over until one fireman could get underneath to bring her out.
You may also want to watch:
"Chloe's very shaken, very shocked, but it's a miracle that she doesn't have any broken bones.
"I'd like to thank the fire brigade. It took them eight to 10 minutes to get her out from underneath the bus. She was literally trapped, and how she wasn't killed or didn't break any bones is amazing. She's a lively, very fit dog and she's quite tough, so that probably helped.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 3 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 4 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 5 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 6 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 7 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 8 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 9 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 10 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement