Cyclist smashes through car window in Swiss Cottage collision
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A cyclist has been hospitalised after being involved in a collision with a car in Swiss Cottage during the morning rush hour.
Paramedics were called just before 9am after the cyclist - a man thought to be in his 30s - collided with a VW Polo, smashing through the car passenger window.
A police officer was said to be at the scene within seconds with the collision happening just yards from his parked patrol car at the junction of Avenue Road and Elsworthy Road.
The cyclist is currently being treated for injuries to his arms. His condition is not thought to be life threatening and no arrests have been made.
It comes just days after a young woman sustained serious head injuries after being hit by a car on the same stretch of road a short distance away.
You may also want to watch:
The woman, thought to be in her 20s, was hit at the junction next to Swiss Cottage tube station - an area that was recently earmarked to be included in a £290million plan to make London safer for cyclists and pedestrians.
The new scheme includes plans to build segregated cycle lanes, two-way roads and traffic-free public spaces at 33 locations where 150 cyclists and pedestrians have been killed or seriously injured in the last three years.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 8 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing