Cyclist hurt in collision with lorry
A CYCLIST was hurt in a collision with a dustbin lorry at the junction of England's Lane and Haverstock Hill yesterday morning
A CYCLIST was hurt in a collision with a dustbin lorry at the junction of England's Lane and Haverstock Hill yesterday morning.
The middle-aged woman cyclist collided with a Murphy lorry travelling around the corner at 11.15am. One witness Emily Gunsell, 18, said: "I was meeting my Godsister there when we saw it. It was a huge lorry and we heard the brakes. Her helmet was broken on the floor."
England's Lane resident Jacqueline Delancey said: "I was on the phone in the kitchen and I heard a lady scream. I looked out of the window and everyone was rushing over to the truck."
Two ambulances rushed to the scene and paramedics treated the woman at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A neck brace was put on her as she lay on the ground and she was then taken to hospital on a stretcher.
Police also arrived and spoke to the lorry driver. At the time of going to press, no charges had been brought.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 9 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband