Cyclist hurt in collision with lorry
A CYCLIST was hurt in a collision with a dustbin lorry at the junction of England's Lane and Haverstock Hill yesterday morning
A CYCLIST was hurt in a collision with a dustbin lorry at the junction of England's Lane and Haverstock Hill yesterday morning.
The middle-aged woman cyclist collided with a Murphy lorry travelling around the corner at 11.15am. One witness Emily Gunsell, 18, said: "I was meeting my Godsister there when we saw it. It was a huge lorry and we heard the brakes. Her helmet was broken on the floor."
England's Lane resident Jacqueline Delancey said: "I was on the phone in the kitchen and I heard a lady scream. I looked out of the window and everyone was rushing over to the truck."
Two ambulances rushed to the scene and paramedics treated the woman at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A neck brace was put on her as she lay on the ground and she was then taken to hospital on a stretcher.
Police also arrived and spoke to the lorry driver. At the time of going to press, no charges had been brought.
- 1 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 2 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 3 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 8 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 9 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper