Cyclist hurt in collision with lorry
A CYCLIST was hurt in a collision with a dustbin lorry at the junction of England's Lane and Haverstock Hill yesterday morning
A CYCLIST was hurt in a collision with a dustbin lorry at the junction of England's Lane and Haverstock Hill yesterday morning.
The middle-aged woman cyclist collided with a Murphy lorry travelling around the corner at 11.15am. One witness Emily Gunsell, 18, said: "I was meeting my Godsister there when we saw it. It was a huge lorry and we heard the brakes. Her helmet was broken on the floor."
England's Lane resident Jacqueline Delancey said: "I was on the phone in the kitchen and I heard a lady scream. I looked out of the window and everyone was rushing over to the truck."
Two ambulances rushed to the scene and paramedics treated the woman at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A neck brace was put on her as she lay on the ground and she was then taken to hospital on a stretcher.
Police also arrived and spoke to the lorry driver. At the time of going to press, no charges had been brought.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 4 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 5 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 8 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 9 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 10 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101