Cyclist fights for life after road collision
A CYCLIST is in a critical condition in hospital after being involved in a collision in Chalk Farm this morning (Thursday). Paramedics and police rushed to the scene on Eton Road at around 10.45am to reports of a male cyclist being in collision with a sta
A CYCLIST is in a critical condition in hospital after being involved in a collision in Chalk Farm this morning (Thursday).
Paramedics and police rushed to the scene on Eton Road at around 10.45am to reports of a male cyclist being in collision with a stationary vehicle. It is believed the driver opened the car door as the cyclist was riding past.
The man, believed to be in his 60s, suffered potentially life threatening head injuries.
He remains in hospital in a critical condition.
Officers from the traffic collision unit were investigating the incident. Eton Road remained closed this morning as they examined the scene for clues as what happened.
According to witness reports paramedics treated the victim at the scene for around half an hour before he was taken away in ambulance.
- 1 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 2 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 3 Positives for Arsenal despite missing top four
- 4 Parliament Hill flower shop comes to pupils' rescue
- 5 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 6 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 7 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 8 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 9 Nazanin was 'forced' to sign false confession by Iran
- 10 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
No arrests have been made. Enquiries continue.