Cyclist fights for life after road collision
A CYCLIST is in a critical condition in hospital after being involved in a collision in Chalk Farm this morning (Thursday). Paramedics and police rushed to the scene on Eton Road at around 10.45am to reports of a male cyclist being in collision with a sta
A CYCLIST is in a critical condition in hospital after being involved in a collision in Chalk Farm this morning (Thursday).
Paramedics and police rushed to the scene on Eton Road at around 10.45am to reports of a male cyclist being in collision with a stationary vehicle. It is believed the driver opened the car door as the cyclist was riding past.
The man, believed to be in his 60s, suffered potentially life threatening head injuries.
He remains in hospital in a critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the traffic collision unit were investigating the incident. Eton Road remained closed this morning as they examined the scene for clues as what happened.
According to witness reports paramedics treated the victim at the scene for around half an hour before he was taken away in ambulance.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 3 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 4 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 5 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 6 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green
- 7 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 8 'Now we hope for the best' – independent traders in Muswell Hill
- 9 Tim Burton's former Primrose Hill home on the market for £20m
- 10 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police
No arrests have been made. Enquiries continue.