Cyclist fights for life after road collision
A CYCLIST is in a critical condition in hospital after being involved in a collision in Chalk Farm this morning (Thursday). Paramedics and police rushed to the scene on Eton Road at around 10.45am to reports of a male cyclist being in collision with a sta
A CYCLIST is in a critical condition in hospital after being involved in a collision in Chalk Farm this morning (Thursday).
Paramedics and police rushed to the scene on Eton Road at around 10.45am to reports of a male cyclist being in collision with a stationary vehicle. It is believed the driver opened the car door as the cyclist was riding past.
The man, believed to be in his 60s, suffered potentially life threatening head injuries.
He remains in hospital in a critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the traffic collision unit were investigating the incident. Eton Road remained closed this morning as they examined the scene for clues as what happened.
According to witness reports paramedics treated the victim at the scene for around half an hour before he was taken away in ambulance.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 6 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 8 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 9 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 10 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
No arrests have been made. Enquiries continue.