Cyclist, 70, dies in Chalk Farm road crash
A 70-year-old cyclist has died after being involved in a collision with a car in Chalk Farm. Patrick Gorman, of Adelaide Road, died at the Royal Free hospital from head injuries after the collision on Eton Road last Thursday. It is believed a driver opene
A 70-year-old cyclist has died after being involved in a collision with a car in Chalk Farm.
Patrick Gorman, of Adelaide Road, died at the Royal Free hospital from head injuries after the collision on Eton Road last Thursday.
It is believed a driver opened the door of a stationary vehicle as Mr Gorman was cycling past.
Officers from the collision investigation unit are still investigating the incident and are appealing for witnesses.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest was opened at St Pancras Coroners' Court on Tuesday but was adjourned to a later date until the completion of the police investigation.
Paramedics and police rushed to the scene at around 10.45am. Witnesses say he was treated on the road for around 30 minutes before being taken to hospital.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
Eton Road was closed for most of the morning as the road was examined for clues as to what happened.
No arrests have been made. Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to contact the collision investigation unit at Alperton Traffic Garage on 020-8998 5319.