Cyclist, 70, dies in Chalk Farm road crash
A 70-year-old cyclist has died after being involved in a collision with a car in Chalk Farm. Patrick Gorman, of Adelaide Road, died at the Royal Free hospital from head injuries after the collision on Eton Road last Thursday. It is believed a driver opene
A 70-year-old cyclist has died after being involved in a collision with a car in Chalk Farm.
Patrick Gorman, of Adelaide Road, died at the Royal Free hospital from head injuries after the collision on Eton Road last Thursday.
It is believed a driver opened the door of a stationary vehicle as Mr Gorman was cycling past.
Officers from the collision investigation unit are still investigating the incident and are appealing for witnesses.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest was opened at St Pancras Coroners' Court on Tuesday but was adjourned to a later date until the completion of the police investigation.
Paramedics and police rushed to the scene at around 10.45am. Witnesses say he was treated on the road for around 30 minutes before being taken to hospital.
- 1 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 2 Prince Philip's funeral: Camden firm Levertons to make arrangements
- 3 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 7 'Negligence put lives at risk': £10k fine after fire at unlicensed HMO
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
Eton Road was closed for most of the morning as the road was examined for clues as to what happened.
No arrests have been made. Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to contact the collision investigation unit at Alperton Traffic Garage on 020-8998 5319.