CUP FINAL COUNTDOWN: Ramos tells players to concentrate on Slavia Prague
SPURS manager Juande Ramos has told his players to put Sunday s Carling Cup final against Chelsea to the back of their minds and concentrate on reaching the last 16 of the Uefa Cup. Tottenham take on Slavia Prague tonight (Thursday) at the Lane with a sli
SPURS manager Juande Ramos has told his players to put Sunday's Carling Cup final against Chelsea to the back of their minds and concentrate on reaching the last 16 of the Uefa Cup.
Tottenham take on Slavia Prague tonight (Thursday) at the Lane with a slim advantage after last week's 2-1 win in the first leg.
Ramos, who won the last two Uefa Cups with Sevilla, is insisting that his new team concentrate on tonight's return before considering their Carling Cup showdown against Chelsea at Wembley.
"All our efforts are now concentrated on this match," he told Ham&High Sport. "Until we finish it we won't be thinking about Wembley."
You may also want to watch:
If Spurs overcome Slavia tonight they face the winners of the PSV Eindhoven versus Helsingborgs tie in the last 16, with the first leg at home on March 6.
Ramos has also revealed he wants to build his future Spurs team with younger rather than experienced players.
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 4 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
"There are more benefits than disadvantages to having young players in the team," he told sports editor Pat Mooney.