CUP FINAL COUNTDOWN: Keeper Robinson set for last-gasp recall
PAUL Robinson is set for a dramatic recall for Spurs Carling Cup Final - as predicted in the Ham&High earlier this week - after a man of the match display against Slavia Prague in last night s Uefa Cup 1-1 draw at White Hart Lane. Robinson, axed by Juand
PAUL Robinson is set for a dramatic recall for Spurs' Carling Cup Final - as predicted in the Ham&High earlier this week - after a man of the match display against Slavia Prague in last night's Uefa Cup 1-1 draw at White Hart Lane.
Robinson, axed by Juande Ramos last month after a series of costly errors, replaced Radek Cerny and pulled off a series of stunning second half saves.
The Lilywhites go through 3-2 on aggregate and now play Dutch side PSV Eindhoven for a place in the last eight.
Rookie midfielder Jamie O'Hara gave Spurs the perfect start when he scored with a deflected shot after only seven minutes. Tottenham dominated the rest of the first half but failed to add to their tally.
You may also want to watch:
Slavia pulled a goal back after the break through Matej Krajcik, but Robinson, watched by England coach Fabio Capello, showed he is back to his best to deny the Czechs in a tense finish
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 7 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved