Heightened security patrols in Golders Green after hostage stand-off at Paris kosher market
- Credit: Google Maps
Heightened security patrols were in operation in Golders Green and Temple Fortune yesterday following the killing of four French Jews in last week’s hostage stand-off at a Paris kosher market.
Police vans drove by frequently while members of the Community Security Trust - a charity established to combat threats to the Jewish community - patrolled on foot in the predominantly Jewish north London neighbourhoods.
Rivki Rokach, a manager at Kosher Kingdom supermarket in Golders Green Road, Golders Green, said management was putting into place new security measures, declining to specify.
She said business had not dropped off since the attacks.
“People are in a bit of panic mode, but thank God people need to shop,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“We are doing everything we can to make sure people are comfortable.”
CST posted a message on its Twitter feed on Friday which said that Chief Superintendent Adrian Usher, Barnet Borough Commander in north London, “has promised extra patrols for Jewish community of Barnet over Shabbat”.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said the force does not release details of specific operations, but added: “We regularly have conversations with communities across the board about policing issues.”