Heightened security patrols in Golders Green after hostage stand-off at Paris kosher market
- Credit: Google Maps
Heightened security patrols were in operation in Golders Green and Temple Fortune yesterday following the killing of four French Jews in last week’s hostage stand-off at a Paris kosher market.
Police vans drove by frequently while members of the Community Security Trust - a charity established to combat threats to the Jewish community - patrolled on foot in the predominantly Jewish north London neighbourhoods.
Rivki Rokach, a manager at Kosher Kingdom supermarket in Golders Green Road, Golders Green, said management was putting into place new security measures, declining to specify.
She said business had not dropped off since the attacks.
“People are in a bit of panic mode, but thank God people need to shop,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“We are doing everything we can to make sure people are comfortable.”
CST posted a message on its Twitter feed on Friday which said that Chief Superintendent Adrian Usher, Barnet Borough Commander in north London, “has promised extra patrols for Jewish community of Barnet over Shabbat”.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 4 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 5 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 6 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 7 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 8 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 9 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 10 'You're welcome here': Best pals, 12, make care packages for Afghan refugees
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said the force does not release details of specific operations, but added: “We regularly have conversations with communities across the board about policing issues.”