Crozier 'confident' post offices can cope with Christmas onslaught
Royal Mail chief executive Adam Crozier is confident that the remaining post offices in Broadway territory can cope with the Christmas demand, despite a raft of recent post offices closures. But the pledge hasn t convinced local MP Lynne Featherstone, w
Royal Mail chief executive Adam Crozier is confident that the remaining post offices in Broadway territory can cope with the Christmas demand, despite a raft of recent post offices closures.
But the pledge hasn't convinced local MP Lynne Featherstone, who noted that no specific promises for additional resources were made over and above the normal provision for the festive period.
She said: "Given that a staggering four out of the ten Post Offices have been axed in Hornsey & Wood Green, it is completely ridiculous to claim that no extra staff will be needed for the Christmas rush.
"There could be real pandemonium without thorough planning now. Christmas can be stressful enough without the extra worry over whether friends and family will get their gifts on time.
You may also want to watch:
"Their response is simply not good enough, especially as they promised this in public before they closed them.
She is conducting a survey of queues at local post offices and said: "I would encourage people to return their completed surveys so I can get as full a picture as possible about the true effects of these closures."
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 7 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 10 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
copies of the survey can be obtained by contact Lynne Featherstone's office on 020 8340 5459 or emailing email@example.com