Crouch End ready to back “Team Flavistry” on Strictly Come Dancing
North London boys Jimi Mistry and Scott Maslen will be hoping for locals’ votes
CROUCH End will be rallying behind Team Flavistry this weekend as Jimi Mistry and his partner Flavia Cacace make their debut on the Strictly Come Dancing floor.
The pair are set to dance a Cha-Cha on the Saturday night edition of the BBC prime time show as it returns to our screens tonight.
Mistry, star of Eastenders, East is East and Blood Diamond, previously told the Broadway he hoped he could count on his Crouch End neighbours for support.
“We want people to get behind us – we’re training here and obviously I live here,” he said. “I’ve lived here a good 10 years so I definitely feel it’s home.”
You may also want to watch:
The pair will not dance until Saturday, but in the meantime north Londoners can throw their weight behind Eastenders star Scott Maslen, who has been training around Highgate and Camden and will dance on tonight’s show.
Mistry admitted: “There is a little north London rivalry going on.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 6 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
“I don’t know who’ll do best – I think it just depends who can hold their nerve.”