Crouch End ready to back “Team Flavistry” on Strictly Come Dancing
North London boys Jimi Mistry and Scott Maslen will be hoping for locals’ votes
CROUCH End will be rallying behind Team Flavistry this weekend as Jimi Mistry and his partner Flavia Cacace make their debut on the Strictly Come Dancing floor.
The pair are set to dance a Cha-Cha on the Saturday night edition of the BBC prime time show as it returns to our screens tonight.
Mistry, star of Eastenders, East is East and Blood Diamond, previously told the Broadway he hoped he could count on his Crouch End neighbours for support.
“We want people to get behind us – we’re training here and obviously I live here,” he said. “I’ve lived here a good 10 years so I definitely feel it’s home.”
The pair will not dance until Saturday, but in the meantime north Londoners can throw their weight behind Eastenders star Scott Maslen, who has been training around Highgate and Camden and will dance on tonight’s show.
Mistry admitted: “There is a little north London rivalry going on.
- 1 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 2 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 4 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 5 Two more charged in connection with Olsi Kuka killing in Barnet
- 6 Belsize Park phone box transformed into art gallery by prep school pupils
- 7 Royal beacon in Golders Hill shines light for Queen
- 8 Man jailed for membership of banned neo-Nazi group National Action
- 9 Gold and silver for a Platinum Jubilee party
- 10 Home of the week: Hampstead flat with garden for £1.25m
“I don’t know who’ll do best – I think it just depends who can hold their nerve.”