Crouch End ready to back “Team Flavistry” on Strictly Come Dancing
North London boys Jimi Mistry and Scott Maslen will be hoping for locals’ votes
CROUCH End will be rallying behind Team Flavistry this weekend as Jimi Mistry and his partner Flavia Cacace make their debut on the Strictly Come Dancing floor.
The pair are set to dance a Cha-Cha on the Saturday night edition of the BBC prime time show as it returns to our screens tonight.
Mistry, star of Eastenders, East is East and Blood Diamond, previously told the Broadway he hoped he could count on his Crouch End neighbours for support.
“We want people to get behind us – we’re training here and obviously I live here,” he said. “I’ve lived here a good 10 years so I definitely feel it’s home.”
You may also want to watch:
The pair will not dance until Saturday, but in the meantime north Londoners can throw their weight behind Eastenders star Scott Maslen, who has been training around Highgate and Camden and will dance on tonight’s show.
Mistry admitted: “There is a little north London rivalry going on.
- 1 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 2 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 5 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 6 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
- 10 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
“I don’t know who’ll do best – I think it just depends who can hold their nerve.”