Crouch End ready to back “Team Flavistry” on Strictly Come Dancing
North London boys Jimi Mistry and Scott Maslen will be hoping for locals’ votes
CROUCH End will be rallying behind Team Flavistry this weekend as Jimi Mistry and his partner Flavia Cacace make their debut on the Strictly Come Dancing floor.
The pair are set to dance a Cha-Cha on the Saturday night edition of the BBC prime time show as it returns to our screens tonight.
Mistry, star of Eastenders, East is East and Blood Diamond, previously told the Broadway he hoped he could count on his Crouch End neighbours for support.
“We want people to get behind us – we’re training here and obviously I live here,” he said. “I’ve lived here a good 10 years so I definitely feel it’s home.”
The pair will not dance until Saturday, but in the meantime north Londoners can throw their weight behind Eastenders star Scott Maslen, who has been training around Highgate and Camden and will dance on tonight’s show.
Mistry admitted: “There is a little north London rivalry going on.
- 1 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 2 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden
- 3 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 4 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 5 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 6 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 7 Tottenham boss Antonio Conte looking to revamp squad in transfer windows
- 8 Movement off the ball key to Arsenal's win against Newcastle
- 9 PLU: St John's Wood restaurant finds the right formula
- 10 Not just for Christmas: Rescue dogs looking for forever homes
“I don’t know who’ll do best – I think it just depends who can hold their nerve.”