Crouch End moped crime: Police catch suspected moped thief in Landrock Road after chase
- Credit: Archant
Police caught a moped rider suspected of theft after a chase in Crouch End yesterday afternoon.
After being called to reports of two men "acting suspiciously" in Mayfield Road shortly after 5pm yesterday, police attended and saw the duo flee.
After a short chase, one of the men was found on Landrock Road and - after a second attempt to escape, this time on foot - he was eventually detained.
Pictures of the scene show approximately ten officers in the area.
Before the arrest was successfully completed, the suspect resisted and caused arm injuries to two officers.
You may also want to watch:
The man was taken into custody where he remains, on suspicion of theft, assaulton police and a public order offence.
It is not believed that the second man was apprehended.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 3 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 4 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 5 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 6 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 7 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
The police response saw Ferme Park Road closed, leading to delays on the W3 bus.
Did you see the incident, or were you the victim of moped theft? Contact the Sam at the Ham&High using 02074330120 or sam.volpe@Archant.co.uk