Crouch End moped crime: Police catch suspected moped thief in Landrock Road after chase
- Credit: Archant
Police caught a moped rider suspected of theft after a chase in Crouch End yesterday afternoon.
After being called to reports of two men "acting suspiciously" in Mayfield Road shortly after 5pm yesterday, police attended and saw the duo flee.
After a short chase, one of the men was found on Landrock Road and - after a second attempt to escape, this time on foot - he was eventually detained.
Pictures of the scene show approximately ten officers in the area.
Before the arrest was successfully completed, the suspect resisted and caused arm injuries to two officers.
You may also want to watch:
The man was taken into custody where he remains, on suspicion of theft, assaulton police and a public order offence.
It is not believed that the second man was apprehended.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 6 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
The police response saw Ferme Park Road closed, leading to delays on the W3 bus.
Did you see the incident, or were you the victim of moped theft? Contact the Sam at the Ham&High using 02074330120 or sam.volpe@Archant.co.uk