Crouch End moped crime: Police catch suspected moped thief in Landrock Road after chase
- Credit: Archant
Police caught a moped rider suspected of theft after a chase in Crouch End yesterday afternoon.
After being called to reports of two men "acting suspiciously" in Mayfield Road shortly after 5pm yesterday, police attended and saw the duo flee.
After a short chase, one of the men was found on Landrock Road and - after a second attempt to escape, this time on foot - he was eventually detained.
Pictures of the scene show approximately ten officers in the area.
Before the arrest was successfully completed, the suspect resisted and caused arm injuries to two officers.
The man was taken into custody where he remains, on suspicion of theft, assaulton police and a public order offence.
It is not believed that the second man was apprehended.
- 1 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 2 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 3 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 4 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 5 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 6 CCTV: Man makes ‘sexually explicit comments’ to teen on tube
- 7 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 8 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 9 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 10 Highgate Hill housing plans spark fears over new pub's future
The police response saw Ferme Park Road closed, leading to delays on the W3 bus.
Did you see the incident, or were you the victim of moped theft? Contact the Sam at the Ham&High using 02074330120 or sam.volpe@Archant.co.uk