Midnight 'bodypump' workout to mark easing of lockdown restrictions
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Have you been missing your regular fitness classes? A Crouch End fitness centre is so keen to welcome its regulars that it is putting on a class at one minute past midnight when restrictions ease.
The Park Road Pools & Fitness will be open at 00.01 on Monday, May 17 to celebrate the return of indoor group exercise.
A Les Mills bodypump class will mark the gym’s first indoor session since December 2020 and will be a one-off fast-paced 45-minute class.
Bronte Terrell, Les Mills UK master trainer, said: “Being back and teaching live in the studio will feel like a proper step back towards normality.”
Operated by fitness charity Fusion Lifestyle and Haringey Council, Park Road Pools & Fitness will recommence a full range of indoor classes including, zumba, yoga, spin and pilates.
You may also want to watch:
Outdoor fitness classes will continue and safety measures within the Fusion Lifestyle centres such as booking online to minimise contact, track and trace, and meticulous cleaning routines, will be implemented.
Anthony Cawley, director of operations at Fusion, said the outdoor classes are to ensure members are given “as much choice as possible”.
- 1 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 2 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 3 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
- 4 Farrell hailed as Saracens storm to 60-0 play-off win at Ealing
- 5 My view: Hampstead could change a lot in the coming years, for the better
- 6 Shakespeare comedy and children's shows at Regent's Park Open Air Theatre
- 7 How many trees have been felled in the Parkland Walk?
- 8 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 9 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 10 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery